Is $450 a good price to sell my 5s 32GB T-Mo w/ AppleCare+

KingArthurVI

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm trying to sell my 5s because I've always wanted a bigger screen on an iPhone. It is a 32GB T-Mobile GSM unlocked phone with AppleCare+ coverage through November 2015.

I was initially looking for about $550 but it seemed a bit too high since a lot of people without AC+ are undercutting the price by about $100 on Craigslist and Ebay. Some of them bought the phone a few months ago so they still have Apple's warranty through 2015 as well, making AC+ not that attractive to people on the market for a used phone right now.

So is $450 about the right price to sell off the phone? I don't plan to purchase AC+ with the 6 since it doesn't really mean anything if I'm looking at yearly upgrades.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I'm trying to sell my 5s because I've always wanted a bigger screen on an iPhone. It is a 32GB T-Mobile GSM unlocked phone with AppleCare+ coverage through November 2015.

I was initially looking for about $550 but it seemed a bit too high since a lot of people without AC+ are undercutting the price by about $100 on Craigslist and Ebay. Some of them bought the phone a few months ago so they still have Apple's warranty through 2015 as well, making AC+ not that attractive to people on the market for a used phone right now.

So is $450 about the right price to sell off the phone? I don't plan to purchase AC+ with the 6 since it doesn't really mean anything if I'm looking at yearly upgrades.
Yes being unlocked that's a pretty good price. $400-$450 seems to be the general price range right now for an unlocked 32GB 5S. As you've already seen the AC+ isn't very big of a selling point on the resale market.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
$450 might be pushing it at this time given how saturated the market is. I'd wait a few more weeks (but no more than 8-9 weeks after keynote) if you want to sell at >$450 easily.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.