Is 64 GB version being discontinued or something?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Morac, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Morac macrumors 65816

Morac

I figured with the release of tvOS 11.2, I'd pick up a ATV 4K 64 GB version, but they are literally sold out everywhere. Apple's web site says it will be delivered in 4 to 5 weeks or I can pick it up in an Apple Store on Jan 22, 2018. Similarly hardly any Target stores have the ATV 4K in stock. A few have one or two, but the closest one is several hundred miles away. It's also not for sale on Amazon anymore.

The 32 GB version is available everywhere, but not the 64 GB version. Is Apple getting rid of the 64 GB version or doing something else to it? It doesn't make any sense that two months after the ATV 4K was released, that it's not in any stores. Note I checked before the Amazon App was released so it has nothing to do with that.

2. vertical smile macrumors 68020

vertical smile

Being discontinued after a few months seems a little quick.

I am sure that it is just sold out. The 64GB ATV4k is priced a little more than the 32GB ATV4K. Most people are probably just opting for the larger storage and passing over the smaller one.

3. matt2053 macrumors 6502a

Yeah but it hasn't been available for, like... a long time, now. Weeks and weeks. It's weird.

4. Perene macrumors 6502a

Perene

It's not available anywhere. It really seems the opposite, people are not buying the 64 GB version or Apple manufactured just a few units. BHPHOTOVIDEO also don't have them.

5. Morac thread starter macrumors 65816

Morac

I finally got a 64 GB. I ordered it early December and it was supposed to arrive late January, but got in early.

6. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 6502a

ENJOY!!! You certainly won't regret going for the 64GB. You'll love using it :)

7. FirePak macrumors regular

What are you guys using the extra storage for?

8. Morac thread starter macrumors 65816

Morac

I tend to download a lot of apps, but also some games take up a lot of storage.

9. Wackery macrumors 6502a

so I can always use the, mine’s bigger than yours quip