Is 7.1.2 still being signed?

noil

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 16, 2012
I don't want to update to iOS8 but I would like the last version of iOS7. Is there a way to check if it is without trying to install the latest 7.1.2?

I am not jailbroken, I just want the last version for my old iPhone.

Thoir

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2014
It will not activate on my iPhone 5. It is installed though..
This might be a problem too. If it will not activate, it will not be useful.

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Save your phone backups to Time Machine, and you can revert back at any time to 7.x, should the need arise, without having to worry about digital signing.
No, that's not how it works. The OS must be restored back to the device before the backup is restored to it, and an OS that isn't getting signed won't go on the device.

Donoban

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2013
Save your phone backups to Time Machine, and you can revert back at any time to 7.x, should the need arise, without having to worry about digital signing.
That will work for files on your Mac but not your phone's firmware.

yeongil

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2014
My iPad Mini Retina currently has iOS 7.1.2 (I never upgraded to 8.x). I would like to restore it and keep the iOS at 7.1.2 -- I'm selling the iPad Mini Retina, and a potential buyer doesn't want iOS 8.x. Since the firmware is no longer being signed, does this mean that I'm screwed?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My iPad Mini Retina currently has iOS 7.1.2 (I never upgraded to 8.x). I would like to restore it and keep the iOS at 7.1.2 -- I'm selling the iPad Mini Retina, and a potential buyer doesn't want iOS 8.x. Since the firmware is no longer being signed, does this mean that I'm screwed?
I believe you can use the reset settings and erase content option on the phone.

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Only if it is not jailbroaken.....if yes, than iLexRat, or SemiRestore

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.