Is 7 a Lucky Number?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Squilly, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

Is 7 a lucky number? Let's sure as hell hope so for Apple. I'm noticing a lot of people saying (including myself) that iOS is becoming increasingly dry/ stale as an Operating System. No "true" changes since iOS was first developed/released. Look at the Note II from Samsung and what it's accomplished with Android OS. Why is Apple pushing so hard against Samsung (rhetoric). 7 may be a lucky number. Maybe... if we're lucky, things will change.

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1485108
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1525141

How many more do we need?

3. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

Perhaps you should've posted these in one of those million other threads on iOS 7? These are you personal thoughts, why make a thread for it. Are you expecting people to say "yea I agree with you" or something?

----------

People on this forum love attention, and apparently they need to make a new thread as if their opinions are worthy of one.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't get all the comments about iOS being stale. Sandboxed and closed to only what Apple allows you to do (for example the difference between Yahoo Mail on iOS and Android), yes, but stale, not so much.

5. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

6. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I have no problem with iOS 6. Does what I need it to.

8. Zwhaler, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013

Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

It does what people need to do, but not always very efficiently. I'm not going to turn this into a rage war just sayin' that it should be easier to adjust brightness and turn on/off Wifi, bluetooth, GPS etc than having to go into the settings every time (people on this board know this is one of my main gripes with iOS that Android does better)

9. irDigital0l Guest

Not efficiently.

For starters multitasking and notification center are horrid experiences.

10. Squilly thread starter macrumors 68020

Squilly

Very much so agreed. They are on my top priority list (and maps + a better Siri).

11. stuffradio macrumors 65816

Because except for some changes developers would notice about on the objective-c changes, it's not that different from iOS 5 + Apple's broken Maps and Siri required turn-by-turn. iOS 6 should have been iOS 5.5.

12. hamiltonDSi, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013

hamiltonDSi macrumors 65816

hamiltonDSi

:eek:

iOS 4 - Multitasking, Folders, HomeScreen Wallpaper, New Dock, Lock orientation, Camera Grids + HDR + AE/AF Lock + Volume capture + New SMS tones and so on.
    iOS 5 - New Notifications, Notification Center + Widgets, Camera Lock Button and so on.

This aren't "true" changes ?