Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synchromesh

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2009
SF
Clean, fully loaded late 2011s still sell for over $1K on eBay. Just fyi. The 2010 model is worth somewhere around $400-450 nowadays if in good shape.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
no way. doesn’t matter how unused it is, it’s a 7 year old machine with a 7 year old processor in it that doesn’t have support for current software.

my personal validation of anything with a core 2 in it at this point is approximately 0 dollars. anything pre sandy bridge at this point is extremely long in the tooth and lacks processor instructions for a lot of hardware acceleration in various tasks common in 2017 software.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
no way. doesn’t matter how unused it is, it’s a 7 year old machine with a 7 year old processor in it that doesn’t have support for current software.

my personal validation of anything with a core 2 in it at this point is approximately 0 dollars. anything pre sandy bridge at this point is extremely long in the tooth and lacks processor instructions for a lot of hardware acceleration in various tasks common in 2017 software.

A 2010 will have an i5 or i7 and still be capable of a reasonable amount of work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.