iPod touch Is a 120GB iPod touch possible?

Philalbe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Greater Boston Area
Any chance we might see a 120GB iPod touch? I don't even know if 64GB Nand flash chips exist yet, but if they do, maybe they could put two side by side? I suppose cost could be an issue too? 120GB of flash memory would make for a pricey device. It would be pretty cool though. It would put the touch up into iPod classic territory (storage wise).

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX
No, that will make it too expensive.
If you use flash memory.

Use a HDD, easy, more space, and possibly cost less.

Why apple makes iPod with HDD with a tiny screen, yet will not make the large screen Touch perfect for viewing movies and massive libraries not use HDD?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Any chance we might see a 120GB iPod touch? I don't even know if 64GB Nand flash chips exist yet, but if they do, maybe they could put two side by side? I suppose cost could be an issue too? 120GB of flash memory would make for a pricey device. It would be pretty cool though. It would put the touch up into iPod classic territory (storage wise).
Dont think so. Maybe next year... Or if the iPhone 4 got up to 64GB... Which it doesnt.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
iPod Touch is not the same as iPhone.
Besides thinner, different internal structure.

Apple does not have to make Touch exactly like iPhone.
I never said it had to be the same. I said MAYBE if the iPhone 4 had up to 64GB of storage.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
If you use flash memory.

Use a HDD, easy, more space, and possibly cost less.

Why apple makes iPod with HDD with a tiny screen, yet will not make the large screen Touch perfect for viewing movies and massive libraries not use HDD?
Because the iPod touch is more susceptible to damage if it had HDD. The accelerometer alone would damage the moving parts within the HDD. Not to mention, the iPod touch has more interaction than the iPod Classic, which would also interfere with the moving parts of the HDD.