Is a 2007 white MacBook good enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jeremy Corbyn, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Jeremy Corbyn macrumors newbie

hello.

I'm looking to buy my first Macbook. my budget is only $130-180.

is a 2007 MacBook with 4gb of ram enough for doing documents, web browsing, and YouTube? I'm planning to use Snow Leopard.

I don't want a chrome book and Windows computers at my price range are terribly slow.

thank you for any replies.

2. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

YouTube really revved the fans up when I owned a 2007 white MacBook, (gma 950 graphics) and that was several years ago, I have now given it away.

I believe the 2008 MacBooks had much better integrated graphics, from my recollection.

3. TMRJIJ macrumors 68020

TMRJIJ

I believe 2008 MacBooks are the way to go and most likely for that same price range. The Intel Integrated Graphics (GMA X3100) in this model is a tough nut to crack. Apple did a very good job making this model last in functionality and design. This would be a good starting point in the Mac World.
    Plus I work with developers on software that will allow this MacBook to run OS X Mountain Lion if you find that Snow Leopard has too many compatibility issues.

4. Jeremy Corbyn thread starter macrumors newbie

5. laudern macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't go any older than a unibody 09. That is when apple really hit its stride with the Macbook.

6. Jeremy Corbyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Those are great but unaffordable to me. They cost around $300 in decent condition.

7. Orizence macrumors 6502

Im using a mid-2007 Macbook and with a cheap SSD it a a pleasure to use