Is a camera in the iPod Touch likely?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSE, Feb 15, 2009.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hi guys. This summer, I was about to buy an iPod touch as soon as the new ones came out. When they came out, I was excited. Not only did they give the volume controls and speakers everybody wanted, but they were much cheaper. I was about to buy one in October, until I realized that I also wanted a digital camera. I am going to Sweden my senior year of high school for the whole year, and would like to bring my MacBook Pro, a digital camera, a cell phone, and an iPod. I then decided that carrying a cell phone, digital camera, and an iPod seperate would be a huge PITA wherever I go. So I can wait another year for whatever is about to come out. I want your guys' opinions, do you think a camera in the iPod touch looks like it could happen? Is there any other MP3 players with a built in camera? The iPhone's camera quality isn't the best, so I don't think I want to store my memories on 2.1/3 megapixels.

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

I'd say that it's pretty unlikely. Additionally, if it were to happen, the quality would be dismal at best; not something that you'd want to record a year of memories on.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Pain in the (word for butt that starts with an A)

To the OP I'd say no, not likely, and I'd say thats good...a year in Sweden sounds like a great time, I'd think you'd need a full camera for that, to get some really great pictures It be nice to have the choice to take a few pics on the iPod touch if you were out and didn't have the main camera, but I doubt anything in the iPod touch will be a suitable replacement camera

5. saberahul macrumors 68040

Ah LOL did not see that. Thank You. ROFL.

6. Redline13 macrumors 6502

I would definitely go for a standalone digital camera instead of one embedded in another device. The quality on all but the cheapest models will be worth the hassle of carrying an extra device.