is a glass cover worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Eggtastic, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

what do you guys think? i have 2 cases... one is the modal reverse flip cover from best buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/modal-reversible-flip-case-for-apple-iphone-6-plus-black-neon-green/8451617.p?id=1219336297875&skuId=8451617&st=categoryid$abcat0811006&cp=1&lp=4) and the other is http://www.sfbags.com/collections/iphone-cases/products/iphone-case-suede-jacket

i will flip flop between cases from time to time, and i know in the end it won't do justice if i drop it, but more for wear and tear (if possible) over the next 2 years.

2. brun019822 macrumors member

hey have you tried taking pics with the modal case? I had to returned mines because every time I took a pic with flash on all you would see is green from reflecting off the case.

3. Eggtastic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

wow did not plan for that haha. i will report back to you on thursday when my iphone 6+ is expected to get here.

4. brun019822 macrumors member

Make sure it's still within the 14 days return period. I was super disappointed since I really liked the case.

----------

Found these 2 reviews on bestbuy site.

"Absolutely fell in love with this case, it was really the only one at the store that I liked. I love how the screen is protected when its in my pocket, I love how the cover flap folds behind the case and magnetically attaches so you can hold your phone easily, I love that it is reversible, and it folds into a stand to watch movies or use in horizontal landscape mode on my desk. Then I got home and noticed the case was a little close to the flash, of course I went to take a picture with the flash on and my suspicions were correct; the flash lights up and reflects off the case casting a "film" over your pictures : ( I'm so disappointed that there are manufactures out there that don't accommodate for the camera cut out, I have never heard anyone complain about the cut outs being to big?!? So why not just give yourself some wiggle room. Oh well on to the next case."

"This case looks nice and is reversible. Unfortunately the designers didn't take into account the size of the oval opening for the camera and flash. I can't imagine why they didn't. Pictures requiring the flash can have light reflection off of the case, ruining pictures."