Is a ".Mac" branded code still valid for renewal?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by yuanmoons, Dec 11, 2008.

1. yuanmoons macrumors 6502

I thinking of picking a cheap pack that might be branded as .Mac rather than MobileMe. Anyone know if there is a expiry date on these things? if i buy it now and input the code in 5 months when my account comes up for renewal will it be ok?

Thanks.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

I believe they still work. You don't have to wait to to enter code, you can do it anytime.

3. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

Yes works just fine. I bought one few weeks ago on eBay and got it activated through mobileme.

4. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

5. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Secondary question

I cant find the place to enter a code for renewal.....?

OK - theyve changed the way they do it. You goto : www.me.com/activate
    Should have read help first! :)

I assume it ADDs to the date already? On top of the 90 days free?
    My sub doesnt expire until Jun 09 but i thought if im getting a new pack for half price then why not renew now.

6. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

In my case it did not add to the end of the trial period. The comment on the web page says to SKIP TRIAL. I.E. Start now. I assume if you are extending a paid subscription (prior mac subscriptions) then it would add to the end.

7. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

You choose the "skip trial" button, but later on it gives you the choice to start your subscription immediately or wait until the trial expires. It did a month ago (when my trial finally ended), at least.

8. yuanmoons thread starter macrumors 6502

Just to confirm

Brought ".Mac" family pack (old branding/packaging) from eBay and it WORKED. I went to www.me.com/activate, clicked renewal, then typed in my account name & password.

It confirmed in a big clear font that my sub now expires 2010 - 1 year added. On my .me account summary it says "An activation key will be applied to your account on Jun 2009"

And it was half apple price - perfect! :D

Might get another! or two! and apply it Sept 09! or just get on with life and forget about it... :rolleyes:

UPDATE : You can add/queue as many renewal codes as you like.