Is a March 16th Delivery GUARANTEED??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mr.DD216, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Mr.DD216 macrumors member

Ok 2 quick questions guys that I need answered ASAP!
    1. If the website still says that it will be delivered on the 16th is it guaranteed?
    2. Will they tell us when all the pre orders have sold out or will they just push back our delivery dates?

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

To paraphrase Ben Franklin, nothing in this world is guaranteed except death and taxes.

The intention is for it to be delivered on the 16th, but if weather slows an airport down or a major traffic accident shuts down a highway, or the driver can't finish deliveries...

Personally, I've always rec'd Apple preorders on the promise date or even earlier on one occasion (iPhone 4). But if it doesn't come on the 16th all you can do is ask for a shipping fee refund ($0) wait until Monday.

And yes, Apple will announce when it stops preorders for delivery on the 16th.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

I bet you can get double or triple your shipping fee returned! :D

Apple in the past has been pretty good about changing the delivery date expectations in real-time; so if the site says the 16th there's a pretty solid chance thats when you'll get it, barring unforeseen circumstances.

4. tsivah macrumors newbie

So if I have, ya know, work on Friday, what do I do if they deliver while I am at work? Can I pick it up from the Post Office or what?

5. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

I got my 4S on launch day. Hoping the same happens for this bad boy.

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple delivers large or high value items by courier not by post. If you're not in you will either have to re-arrange delivery for another day or pick it up at the depot. Apple typically uses UPS and DHL.

7. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Call out of work...or arrange someone to sign for it.

8. jackhdev macrumors 6502

If it's not here by the sixteenth, I'm going to demand a 1000% refund for all the money I paid on shipping. That'll teach them about getting things to my office on time...

9. eclipseblur954 macrumors regular

You can pre-sign for it on the apple site, or pick it up from the fedex office after the trucks come in (usually 8)

10. maclook macrumors 65816

11. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

The FedEx guy won't feel like knocking on the door so he will put a sticky on your door and you have to wait till the following monday to pick it up.

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

In my area Apple uses FedEx, I've always received my pre-orders by 10am on launch day. Nice & easy.

13. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

You can also go on FedEx's website after its started the shipping process and have the package dropped off at a nearby FedEx Office location for pickup. I'll likely do that if I can't work things out time wise for Friday.

14. blco02 macrumors member

If I remember correctly, a lot of people were freaking out during the iPad 1 release. Their tracking numbers had a later delivery date than what was promised, but they still ended up being delivered on time.

So there'a good chance that you won't have to worry even if the date on the tracking number is later than expected, it should still arrive on time.

15. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

My iPad was changed from ground to next-day air, for free no less, so I'm pretty convinced I'll get mine on Friday :D

16. ks-man macrumors 6502a

How do you pre-sign on the Apple site? Did that have to be done with the order?

17. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

And you can put a notice in to your local FedEx office if need be allowing for delivery without signature. This form is permanent, not just for this particular delivery. Works well for me.

18. nizmoz macrumors 65816

How do you pre-sign for it? I never saw the option.

----------

I guess because it hasn't shipped yet I won't see that form available.

Apple chooses which carrier will deliver your shipment. To make sure your order reaches you safely, most of our carriers require a signature for delivery. Packages delivered by DHL Global and USPS do not require a signature. For packages that do require a signature, the carrier will make three delivery attempts before sending the package back to Apple.

If you are unavailable to provide a signature, Apple offers three easy options for you to receive your package.

Option 1: Pre-sign with Apple

There are two ways you can Pre-sign for your shipment:

Click the Pre-sign for this shipment link in your Shipment Notification email

Visit online Order Status and click the "Pre-sign for this shipment" link
    Complete and print the Shipment Release Authorization form. Leave the form on your door for the carrier, prior to 8:00 a.m. on the day of expected delivery.

You can specify a preferred delivery location (e.g., front door, back door, immediate neighbor, or building manager). If you provide an address other than the one specified on the package, someone must sign for the package.

If you'd like to pre-sign for more than one shipment, simply print, sign, and leave a Shipment Release Authorization for each package.

For safety and security reasons, all deliveries are subject to the driver's discretion. If you are unable to access the Pre-sign Form, call Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 and let us help!

Option 2: Sign to release your shipment to your address, an immediate neighbor, or a building manager

If you did not pre-sign for your package through Apple, and you were unavailable to provide a signature, the carrier will leave a Delivery Notice on your door after the first delivery attempt.

You can sign the Delivery Notice, specify a preferred delivery location (e.g., front door, back door, immediate neighbor, building manager), and leave the notice on your door prior to the next delivery attempt.

If you provide an address other than the one specified on the package, someone must sign for the package.

Option 3: Pick up package at carrier's local facility

After the first delivery attempt, you can request to pick up your package at our carrier's local facility. Call the number on the carrier's Delivery Notice and inform the carrier you'd like to pick up your package in person.

To pick up your package from the carrier's local facility, you'll need:

The Delivery Notice

Government ID (driver's license, passport) that matches the package name and address

Second ID with your name on it (credit card, social security card)
    The carrier can release the package only to the person included on the shipping address.