is a screen protector necessary

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Acorn, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

Is a screen protector necessary on an IPhone 3Gs. How scratch resistent is the glass. Im afraid to put it in my pocket without a screen shield of some kind.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. ericxd macrumors regular

That sounds like you need one. They are only 10-20 bucks for 2 or more. Since you are scare it will scratch, take no risk, get one. You can afford an iPhone, you can afford a screen protector!

4. jblock macrumors regular

It seems for the 3GS it's a good idea. I didn't use one on the 2G or 3G but apparently the coating on the new screen can scratch, so I use one on my new phone.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I thought not, but now I have scratches on my 3GS. I'm guessing its the coating. My phone is babied and is never in my pocket with anything else.

Put a protector on it, I now have 4-5 scratches and it sucks.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

7. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

eeek. ok screen protector it is. I bought a candyshell case for it but didnt have a screen. i will get a screen.

8. JennaLDS macrumors 6502

JennaLDS

I wish the screen was crystal like on the BB Storm... I tried countless times to scratch the screen on that bad boy.. yeah.. no luck.

9. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Surfaces scratch, either cover them up or take your chances and deal with it. I've seen Storms scratched to hell as well, my boss has one. He is abusive on phones but still, it scratches.

10. OhioLefty macrumors regular

I have a co-worker who just about cries when she looks at her new iPhone. It ended up getting scratched in her purse some how and she wishes she would have used a screen protector.

I've tried five different screen protectors on my iPhone 3GS and without a doubt the ones from Power Support (Anti-Glare or Crystal) are way better than anything I've tried. Easy to install, no bubbles, looks and feels great. I have the Anti-Glare on mine and love it and my wife has the Crystal on hers and you can't even tell she has a screen protector on hers.