Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GC251114

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2015
Morning guys.

Beautiful phone & loving it.

Did my homework & new what to expect with it & have to say I am not disappointed.

What notch ?

Anyway , at the risk of getting lines & a possible detention , there’s some homework I didn’t do & im hoping you can help.

I have always used a night clock app displaying the time through the night , whilst plugged into my bedside dock. Alarm set on it for 06:45 every morning & worked flawlessly. Nice red clock , dimmed so not bright enough to distract.

Now my concern in , with this new screen on this new beautiful phone , could the time being static for at least 8 hrs cause screen burn , or whatever it’s called these days ? I am not going to take this risk on something that cost more than my laptop & tv !

Apologies if a daft question , but maybe those more savvy & informed could help , & if it is a problem point me in the direction of a clock that possibly moves occasionally about the phone screen , in turn solving any problem.

Cheers guys.

kendo88

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Coventry
I would say no, these screens are better than they used to be, but working in a mobile retail environment, I see Samsung phones with shocking burn in after playing the same demo reel 24 hours a day.

Leaving a static image for so long is asking for issues in my opinion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.