Is ADC program International?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MuttonFlanks, Mar 1, 2008.

1. MuttonFlanks macrumors newbie

Just curious... has anyone ever bought the ADC program from Apple in the US, then used it to buy a computer in another country? Or is the ADC program you buy specifically locked to the country that you bought it from?

2. coolkamio macrumors newbie

It's international..

3. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool... can anyone else confirm this? Reason being I'm currently staying in Singapore and I was about to buy ADC from the US store to buy a MBP here in Singapore.

If anyone has ever done this I would really appreciate feedback :)

4. zeiter macrumors 6502

what is adc?? what does it do?

5. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

6. DocSmitty macrumors regular

7. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the links :)

The thing is... I go to a US school (on an exchange program) and I want to buy it from the US store to use in Singapore. It's also cheaper on the US store.

Is this possible?

8. zeiter macrumors 6502

so..for example i buy the student one at 99, i will have a huge discount on a MBP right away?? seems like everyone would buy that instead...

9. DocSmitty macrumors regular

Student memberships need confirmation (fax a photo ID and current registration at a university) and yes, you get a discount right away once you verify. That is what I did, and got my MBP for EDIT: $200 less than the educational store price ($300 less on the ADC site, but paid $99 for the membership)

Oh, I see.. that you may want to call Apple about. They were a little picky about how I used it when I ordered. For example, even to check order status there was a special ADC store number I had to call, the people on the normal customer line saw it was an ADC purchase and forwarded me. Not sure if they are picky about which country the membership and products are bought in but I suspect they will be.

Just curious, what is the exchange rate? Maybe it's cheaper to buy both the membership and MBP in the US store and have it shipped to you?

10. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

Yup... everyone who is a student does it. Only catch is it's 1 per lifetime

11. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

12. DocSmitty macrumors regular

So yeah, the Singapore ADC products end up about $200US more than the US store. Buy it and have it sent to your parents to ship to you? Heck, maybe since you're a US student living internationally they would ship it to you direct if you call them?

13. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

I could... but shipping + taxes would probably make it not worth it :(

14. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

15. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

Holy crap, I hadn't known about this :D The MBP + ADC is still 200SGD cheaper than the student price for MBP :D

VPost? I'm thinking about ordering the 15" MBP. Could consolidate at one VPost address. Only thing is, is Apple's warranty international?

16. jmmtn4aj macrumors member

1 what? Membership or hardware purchase? Both seem odd..

17. MuttonFlanks thread starter macrumors newbie

1 hardware purchase. Why is that odd? If it wasn't controlled that way you could just sign up once every year and buy something at ADC price and sell it to people who don't have ADC access...