Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I seem to be having problems connecting to AIM all of a sudden. iChat doesn't connect at all, while Adium does, but very slowly.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Yep, adium won't connect. Just wait it out, even AIM is allowed to go down sometimes.

my MSN account is working though.. i think. I don't have any buddies on it :).

Lacnce

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2006
Date: March 4, 2006.
Time: 2:10pm (Eastern time)
Place:***********
Subject: AIM

Body:
AIM is down. Repeat, AIM is down.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
I wish AIM wasn't as popular, it isn't reliable...but it does have nice clients for Mac. Have you seen the AIM for Mac though :eek: It's soo ugly. I don't really like any of the messaging services but I use them anyway :rolleyes: My AIM stopped working just now...uugghh.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I wish my home dawg slices used MSN, much more stable. The client isn't so good.. but Adium is :).

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
This thread cursed me. Suddenly my iChat won't connect. For hours. Yet a computer sitting right next to it will. Reboots and everything wont fix her.

EDIT: Ok, so very weird, if I use my router's logs and ping test I see the two computer connect to different ip addresses, when I ping the one the computer is connecting to fine, it pings fine. But if I ping the other address the ping fails.

mrweirdo

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2005
hrm i guess this is why gaim kept trying to reconect to aim every couple of minutes on my comp last night. I was wondering why it was doing that because I thought mayby it was me because of maxing out my downstream conection because i was downloading from usenet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.