Is air jacket the thinnest hard case for iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by musashino, Dec 6, 2008.

1. musashino macrumors newbie

I've been looking for a hard plastic case for iphone. I checked most cases mentioned in this forum and found air jacket is the thinnest so far. it doesn't protect the chrome bezel well but that's fine for me. is there any thinner case?:confused: I plan to use a case on the back and a BSE on the front.:cool:

2. threezero macrumors 6502

SGP and the incipio feather is both thinner than the power support air jacket.

obviously you didn't actually go through all the threads.:rolleyes:

3. musashino thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for reply. I saw SGP and the incipio feather before but I thought they are made of some sort of rubber...

why SGP case has an ugly hole for the apple logo? that is so lame... and incipio feather doesn't even have a CLEAR case... they are indeed better protection (and better price!) but why don't they have a simple design of their cases?...:confused:

well thanks again now i have more options.

maybe i should just grab a noname clear case off from ebay...:D

4. threezero macrumors 6502

i see where you are going with the hole in the back. I think its lame too. I was just going off on your requirement for a thin case as these two are the thinnest i have seen and known off besides having a skin on the phone.

There are many variety of no name or cheaper brand that product replica or their own version of the air jacket, sgp and incipio. They may offer a design that you like.

However you do get what you pay for, sometimes these cheaper case will do more harm to your phone than no having a case

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

They are actually about the same. I have both and can't really tell a difference, if any.

So, OP, to answer your question, the SGP and incipio cases are equivalent. Just pick which one you like best.

6. musashino thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replies. How are the screen protectors coming with these 3 cases? Which one do you guys prefer?

I wouldn't really pick a noname case for iphone... The phone itself worth more than $400, I would definitely buy a nice case for it.:cool:

7. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

I would say go with the Air Jacket, it might not be the thinnest, but its good quality and the screen protectors are the top seller by far.