Is all compressed air created equal?

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
I was just about to buy some compressed air to clear my Power Mac's innards and noticed that some brands are more expensive than others (e.g. Kensington costs more than Office Max brand).

Are all brands the same? Is it just air in there or what?

I know it's an anal question, but hey - I'm a Mac user! (Plus my Mac is probably the most expensive thing I own after my car and I will go to great lengths takes to protect it).

Thanks. :)

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
Pretty much all the same. Most contain difloroethane that is harmful, fatal even, if inhaled in large doses. What are your thoughts CanadaRAM?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Whatever you do, don't use the Office Depot compressed air. They have outsourced production overseas, and there is no telling what you'll be getting in their air.

For your Macintosh, unless you want to void your warranty, you should only use iAir, which is available from the Apple Store online or retail Apple Stores for $29.95 a bottle. It is air designed in Cupertino California by Apple, and is bottled at the source in the Apple Marketing department.

That's right

It's pure hot air.

:D

alexf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 2, 2004
Planet Earth
CanadaRAM said:
Whatever you do, don't use the Office Depot compressed air. They have outsourced production overseas, and there is no telling what you'll be getting in their air.

For your Macintosh, unless you want to void your warranty, you should only use iAir, which is available from the Apple Store online or retail Apple Stores for $29.95 a bottle. It is air designed in Cupertino California by Apple, and is bottled at the source in the Apple Marketing department.

That's right

It's pure hot air.

:D
iAir? He he he - you had me there for a moment.
:p