Is all this going to slow my MBP down?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tMac85, Jan 17, 2008.

1. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

Im going to have to install Adobe CS3 premium Suite. Thats alot of heavy software on my 2.4 2Gb MBP. When install all of this is it going to slow down my mac? I know it will still run fine, but is it going to be noticeable?

2. TimJim macrumors 6502a

Yes, it will take up space.
    Yes, when it's running it will make other programs a bit slower.

If after you install it and everything is too slow for you, jump to 4GB Ram

But you MBP should run the programs in the suite perfectly fine.

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

when using the applications you might notice depending on your machine specs but it will still be deff usable

4. Josheua macrumors regular

I would imagine it would only slow it down significantly if you are running it. Just having it installed shouldn't effect daily performance. However, running Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, iTunes, Safari, and Mail all at once could bump the CPU Temp Up and max out your ram (especially during intensive projects), but, it is important to note that these systems were technically designed to be mobile editing platforms so Adobe CS3 should work fine and won't hinder day to day performance when it isn't in use. I would suggest upgrading to 4 gigs of ram as it is relatively cheap these days and will boost your performance.

-Josh :apple:

5. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

I have all that on my 2.2 Ghz MBP with 2 GB RAM and I really don't feel any difference (apart from the used HD space, of course). You'll possibly only notice it when you got more than one CS3 app open at a time.

6. tMac85 thread starter macrumors 65816

tMac85

I was thinking of getting a low-end macmini for everything else, and just using this computer for editing/design. Would that save me speed and performance if I just put music photos and everything else on the mac-mini?

its it worth it, or am i really not going to see the difference in performance?

7. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Lol I have CS3 on my PowerBook G4 1,67 ghz and have no problems. Just install it...

Your machine was made for these kind of things.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unlike windows which slows down with the numbers of programs that are installed (happens even if you are not running the programs on windows), Mac OS X does NOT slow down just because you have apps installed.

One thing will slow down a computer (PCs more than Macs) is if you are low on space, but as long as you have space on the Mac, it won't matter.

9. Dobiewonkanobie macrumors regular

I've been running CS3 without any problems. I don't usually have more than two apps (+firefox) open at any one time. I do have the 200GB-7200rpm HD though, I'm not sure how much that would effect performance, less so than say having more RAM, I would think.

10. NKA macrumors member

Please ..... this is total crap. You should know by now you can not get away with this mis information any more, now that many of the Mac users here are also long time Windows users.