Is amazon a good place to order products through?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by XFacta82, Jun 15, 2008.

1. XFacta82 macrumors member

Is amazon a good place to order products through? Are they reliable?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yes, they're reliable...

This thread is epic.

4. mpshay macrumors 6502

This thread is epic.[/QUOTE]

Well said. If you can't trust them, might as well just stop doing retail business on the internet

5. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

6. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

I bought my wifes Macbook from them on February 9th...later that month the current macbooks came out, and Amazon dropped their price on the previous generation by about 150 bux. I simply called them up and they gave me a credit for the price difference, as they offer a 30 day price guarantee after you purchase.

Top Notch Company! I always look to Amazon for stuff as Usually they have the cheapest stuff!

7. keltorsori macrumors regular

When I'm buying parts/supplies for myself or clients my order of companies is simple:
    1. NewEgg
    2. Amazon

With Amazon Prime and $3.99 overnight shipping, and their absolutely no hassle return policy, I can't recommend them enough. I bought a 70lbs color laser printer for a client in dire need last week and it arrived the very next day, shipping thanks to Amazon Prime, $3.99 versus the $129+ it would have cost me from any other supplier.

With that said, be careful when buying on Amazon that you are actually buying from Amazon.com and not one of their associated vendors. When buying from an associate you deal with different shipping, and most importantly, different customer service and return policies.

8. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

usually amazon has a $100-$200 rebate on macs...so if you want to get a mac now get it from amazon