Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
hi!
hey guys i called up the apple store at san fransisco ( have a Voip phone here in india:D ) . they guy told me that they just got a shipment today , but they have no idea upto when they may be out of stock , he mentioned that they got very few 2.2ghz ones.
so i was thinkin on purchasing it from amazon.com do u think it is safe?? they currently showing it as in stock .. and they are givin a rebate of about $150 .. so should i go ahead with the purchase ?? are they gonna ship a new one or will it be old stock ?? plzz reply soon!!!!

thanks!!!

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Amazon is pretty much a safe bet for buying anything online. They have the new spec ones available, just by looking at the page you can tell what one it is.

I would though personally buy it from Apple Store Online just in case there are any hassles with it. May be a bit easier in the long run.

If you can buy of Amazon would have thought Apple store online shouldnt be a hassle??

Hope that helps and good luck with the purchase!!

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
Amazon is pretty much a safe bet for buying anything online. They have the new spec ones available, just by looking at the page you can tell what one it is.

I would though personally buy it from Apple Store Online just in case there are any hassles with it. May be a bit easier in the long run.

If you can buy of Amazon would have thought Apple store online shouldnt be a hassle??

Hope that helps and good luck with the purchase!!

hey thanks !! wat is the average shipping time from apple online?? have they speeded up the deliveries?? the thing is my aunt will be starting from san fransisco to india on 10th of september.. so will it reach her by then??

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
Amazon is solid. NO tax (if that's an issue for you), a much more generous and lenient "return" policy, rebates, etc.

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
At a guess I reckon if you ordered it from the Apple Store Online right now it would probably get there.

Not commiting myself to anything as sometimes they can be delayed but at an educated guess it will reach where your wanting it to by the 10th of September.

Have a look at the shipping time it quotes you and see if it will suit.

Hope you enjoy the Mac!!! :apple:

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Amazon is solid. NO tax (if that's an issue for you), a much more generous and lenient "return" policy, rebates, etc.

I know for a fact that amazon could not have replaced my macbook pro for me as fast as apple did if I had bought it from them.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
oh k .. i dont want my mac to end up in my aunt's house when she leaves for india .. so i was thinkin maybe i ll make her call up apple store in san fransisco and then go there and purchase it .. if they r out of stock !!(HOPE IT DOESNT HAPPEN!!!) then i ll have to wait till november end when my bro somes :(..
i called up the apple store at san fransisco jus now .. they told me that they jus got stock by he told me than they might get sold out within a day .. is there no way to block a set?? for about 2 to 3 days???

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I ordered an iMac for my wife a few months ago and it came with no problems, and the rebate was done completely online (no forms to mail in). I didn't have occasion to return it, but have returned other things to Amazon in the past with no hassle whatsoever. If it is their fault they even pay the shipping and you can print the shipping label online.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
nope!!! :mad: and even if i buy the mbp here in india it costs a whooping 30% over the original price!! heck a ,black macbook costs $1900 here in india !! so i guess u can imagine!!

djkny

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2003
I know for a fact that amazon could not have replaced my macbook pro for me as fast as apple did if I had bought it from them.

You're right. But I also reckon that Apple would in no way "take back" a used MBP, post 14 days if you change your mind on one (and if they do, they tack on a hideous 10% restocking fee). Amazon, on the other hand, has a 30-day, and in my case, gave me a full refund on an iMac I simply didn't like. It made for a nice month-long loaner, though.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
You're right. But I also reckon that Apple would in no way "take back" a used MBP, post 14 days if you change your mind on one (and if they do, they tack on a hideous 10% restocking fee). Amazon, on the other hand, has a 30-day, and in my case, gave me a full refund on an iMac I simply didn't like. It made for a nice month-long loaner, though.
Exactly. I would never buy anything from the Apple store (online or local) if I had a choice because of the restocking fee. Of course I just broke that statement by buying a refurb recently, so there are always exceptions.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
If you get one you better order soon to get it on the 10th. I ordered my 2.2 on August 9th and just got it today.

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
Only issue with Amazon is that only stock versions available.

They also have rebates as well as no sales tax-it can really save
you some money on larger systems.

aerove

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Atlanta,GA
i called up the apple store in san francisco a few hours back( i ve got a VOIP phone :D) they told me that they had the 2.2ghz in stock as they got the shipment today itself , but they said that the stock wont last for the day though :( , so i was thinkin it would be better if i ask my aunt to call up the store and if they have stock then go buy it.. it would be a safe bet right ?? another thing do they stock the glossy ones or r they available only online???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.