Is Amazon the best place to buy new MBA?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WillMak, Jul 25, 2011.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I live in California and was thinking about picking up a 13 MBA with my edu discount but...with only 50 bucks off the base 13 and an app gift card I am likely to not use, is amazon the best deal because of the lack of tax?

2. Man9z0r macrumors regular

Man9z0r

I would have to say go with Amazon or B&H! Both have no tax and free shipping! :D

3. komoornik macrumors regular

I got pretty much the same question.

My friend is flying to US ( I'm from europe ) and i thought he could buy me MBA.

He'll be staying for a week with the family in Chicago, IL.

So I figured that it would be cheaper to buy it from Amazon.

I won't get charged for taxes? It would be just 1140 $ + shipping ( 2 days shipping is smth like 16 $ ) for 11.6" / i5 / 4GB / 128 SSD?

How can I be sure of stock in Amazon ?

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook...IN1E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311962667&sr=8-1

That's the cheapest one at Amazon right now. For the 2011 model. They have it in stock and you can have it by August first with 1 day shipping.

Personally I'm going to just get a MBP. I would love to get an Air but they take off 100 from the Pro (which is initially cheaper than the 13 inch Air) instead of only 50 for the Airs with education pricing.

5. komoornik macrumors regular

I know that's the cheapest one.

I just need the better one.

What about those taxes?

6. Young Spade macrumors 68020

I know that's not what you were looking for, I used it as a baseline so you could easily just search whatever you want and know how to gauge whether you'd get what you're asking for.

7. komoornik macrumors regular

M8, so nice of you and many thanks for your second post here but I still don't have the answers.

I know how to look for MacBooks at Amazon.

8. blunti macrumors 6502a

no tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. komoornik macrumors regular

Ty for answer.

When i try to push the order it says "Usually ships within 2 to 5 weeks.".

If this date is real I can't accept it :mad:

10. punchdrunk55 macrumors member

not sure if they are cheapest right now but I have bought my last two macs from macconnection.com. They were way cheaper than amazon with no tax and no shipping. I got free printers with both too. Only problem is that you have to send in rebates

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If the shipping times say 2-5 weeks, then it should be pretty accurate. There have been reports of people getting theirs shipped within a week, but I wouldn't bet on that.

12. komoornik macrumors regular

Where else I could buy it? BestBuy ? Amazon says now 1-2 months :confused:

The thing is my friend is going to US on 5th September and she will be staying with friends in Chicago for a week.

I would like to place an order when she leaves and get the MBA delivered within that week.

While she could go to Apple Store, it would be 1200 $ + taxes ( about 75 $ ) for 4/128 11" MBA, right?

If Amazon would have it in stock it would be ~1165 $ with fast shipping ( no taxes ).

There is also one shop from Amazon claiming they got it in stock and it would be ~ 1225 $ with fast shipping - pretty much the same as Best Buy as I can see.