Is an iPad right for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sydthekid822, Jun 22, 2013.

1. sydthekid822 macrumors newbie

Hello! I was thinking about getting an iPad but was wondering if it was right for me. I know ultimately it's up to me, but just getting some opinions. I currently have an iPhone 5 and got it in march and LOVE it. I have a laptop, not an apple, an HP and it works just fine. The battery life isn't ideal but yeah. I would be using the iPad mainly just for like Internet surfing, online shopping, some games, music, and possibly Netflix. Just wondering if an iPad would be a good fit! Also wondering if 32 is enough or if I should get a 64? Thank you in advance!

2. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I literally have the same scenario as you, haha. Anyway, I recently decided against getting an iPad when the new one comes out. I realized it would be like having a bigger iPhone and I wouldn't need it. If an iPad could offer a close desktop experience I would get one. Also I'm saving for the new Xbox and a couple other things.:p

3. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Now the question is have you take your notebook with you anywhere? too heavy for you? If yes, then get an iPad. If not then iPad is not for you. :apple:

4. tazz3 macrumors regular

I got a refurbed 32 gig ipad4 3 weeks ago from the apple store for 499
    This thing is awesome its like a brand new iPad.
    Apple puts in a new battery and outer shell worth every penny.
    32 gigs is plenty

5. samreddevilz macrumors newbie

I will recommend you for iPad 64GB. Price is not so higher than of 32GB.

6. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I agree with Badrottie. If you are always taking your laptop with you out and about, then an iPad could work very well for you. Otherwise, you just might find yourself not using it too much. I have a MacBook Pro and iPad, but I rarely take either with me when I leave the house. Given the choice, I much rather use my MBP, so as a result I only use the iPad in bed before I fall asleep to play some games.

7. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

That's pretty much what I use mine for and it gets much more use than I ever expected. I have an iPhone 5, iMac, and MBP and my iPad Mini still finds lots of use. As far as storage, 32GB should be fine!

8. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

iPads are a great tool for virtually anything you want to do. Most apps are cheap and some are very powerful. I wouldn't want to go without a full computer at any time, but being able to create files in a 'rough' form, sending it directly to your PC for refining, without having to carry around a laptop, being able to carry an iPad anywhere is a great feature.
    Mobile devices should be truly mobile, and a PC/Mac should be truly powerful.

9. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Maybe, maybe not. There are people that do what you describe on an iPad and there are those that prefer not to. It's a subjective matter no matter how many of these threads are posted.

If you're truly curious then get one and try it out and make your decision before your return period runs out.

Once again, subjective matter. Usage varies from person to person. Only you can determine what your specific usage is like.

10. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Sounds like an iPad could be a great fit. Take advantage of Apple's 14 day return policy and see for yourself.