Is an Iphone good for me?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by super michael, Sep 27, 2011.

1. super michael macrumors regular

The thing is, I heard that the battery of the Iphone isn't good, but I want to confirm is this is true or not. How long do Iphone 4 battery last?

Would I need to recharge the Iphone every day or less than 24 hours?

Right now I am thinking of getting the Ipod touch, I use an old mobile called Huawei U7310, but its getting faulty, so I am thinking of getting a new mobile.

Would it be better for me to get the Ipod touch 4g and a cheap mobile or get the Iphone 4?

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Not enough info to recommend anything.
    How often do you plan on calling, texting, playing games, browsing?
    Do you need data or will WiFi do?
    How long do you want/need the battery to last?

3. Robby S macrumors member

Any smartphone that gets any reasonable amount of use each day will need to be charged up at least every other day, if not every day, depending on what you do with it.

What's more important to you, phone battery life or convenience? Personally, I would (and did) go for the combined option, and I just have a music dock at home that charges my phone and acts as my HiFi. With a charger at work too, battery life is a non-issue, apart from the actual lifespan of the battery itself, which is not removable, unlike Android phones where they tend to have removable batteries.

4. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You're best off waiting until the new iPhone is out, and people here write in about they're experiences. That's the only way to determine if Apple did a good job or not with the upcoming iPhone.

Now is not the time to buy. There are too many unknowns.

5. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm I use the Iphone for
    listen to music
    play some app games
    3G I never use
    wi-fi sometimes but rarely, so it be switched of most of the times

I will rarely use browsing and I don't call or text a lot, only a bit.

Is that all the information needed to know?

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Well if you can afford it I'd say get an iPhone 5 when it comes out, or an iPhone 4 when the price drops, but try get it off contract so you won't get screwed with a data plan (may not be an issue in your country though)

7. super michael thread starter macrumors regular

Well I can get a pay as you go type, although these are the price

iPhone 3GS | 8GB | SIM-Free | Factory Unlocked | Black £ 469
    iPhone 4 | 16GB | SIM-Free | Factory Unlocked | Black £ 589
    iPhone 4 | 32GB | SIM-Free | Factory Unlocked | Black £ 699

For ipod touch this are the price

4th Generation | 8GB | up to 1750 songs or 10 hours of video £ 179
    4th Generation | 32GB | up to 7000 songs or 40 hours of video £ 229
    4th Generation | 64GB | up to 14000 songs or 80 hours of video £ 299

For now I wait until official words of the Iphone 5. Then I am sure all those price will go down.

8. Robby S macrumors member

super michael, it's hard to say one way or the other. Personally, I don't want to have a separate iPod touch and mobile phone to carry around. I don't make that many calls or send many texts either, or browse much via 3G, but I'm happy to pay the premium to have the luxury of that one single device with me at all times, and know I can surf the net or download an app wherever I can get a phone signal.

Even the iPod Touch doesn't have such a good battery when you start doing more than just listen to music on it, not in my experience anyway, although newer models might be better.

Ultimately it comes down to what you can afford, and what is most important to you. With all due respect, nobody here can tell you what is best for you.

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

OP, Since you don't talk or text much, a regular non-smartphone would have much better battery life than any smartphone that exists. And since it looks like you won't be needing data connection much, a iTouch is the better choice.

You'll have a phone on standby most of the time for days without recharging and your monthly or prepaid bill will be cheaper.

10. Robby S macrumors member

What's an iTouch? Anyway, it's quite clear that this whole thing boils down to money, because if the "media" part is the largest use an iPod Touch is not going to have massive battery life either. Does he have the cash to have a nice phone that also plays his media, or does he spend a still significant amount of money on separate devices?

11. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

12. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

The real cost will be in the monthly bill, if you do not need the "smart phone" (web surfing, email etc...) then just go with the iPod and a standard phone.