Is an Ipod Touch right for me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Slayven, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Slayven macrumors newbie

Basically I want something i could lay in bed and surf with, without the hassle of a labtop, but also I want to be able to read PDFs and ebooks. I only have about 4.5 gigs of music so the 8 gig version is the one i looking at seriously.

Oh, right now i currently do my couch potato browsing from a psp, so i can deal with a small screen.

2. linden macrumors regular

linden

Ok. Well then I got my Ipod tocuh I onyl had like 30 songs and like 2 movies... So I dident buy it fot the space really. The internet surfing is SOOOOOOOOOO much better then PSP. I no I have both. You wont even wont to go on your Pc once youve surfed the internet on yout Ipod touch. Since you only have like 5 gigs of music youll be fine. Email its awesome two I use it very often. Youtube is another good one if you dont wont to leave the couch. But one down side of it is when you search for a video the title get cut off and you wont be able to see what your going to view. Also. If you have AIM like msn. There this site you can go on called www.meebo.com
    I dont really use MAPs or contacts to much. But some people really like maps. It can be very usefully though. The pictures and nice. You can send then to people right from the Ipod. I use clocks for an alarm clock. But since the Ipod doesent have a speaker you cant really here it. So i put it in my iMode and i can here it really good!...Your probably not going to use calculator on the couch but i use it in school some time and in the new update there will be a sciencetific calculator with will be really handy in school!...You wont use stocks... trust me... Note is really handy I use it alot. But I gess what you really wonted to no what about the internet. The connection on an Ipod touch is a little bit better then a psp. But in genarel id rate the PSP browsing a 5.7 and i rate the Ipos touchs a 9.3. Well there you have it. If you have any questions just ask!!!

---Linden!

--Oh ya dont forget about the new update on the 11th its a hole new story!

3. icecold0913 macrumors member

Internet in Safari on iPod touch is amazing... I surf on the go using it all the time. You can also read PDF's, and of course with the 2.0 update in less than two weeks your iPod can also read Office docs, run games and more! If you don't need a phone you can't go wrong with the Touch!

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Sounds like a Touch would be a good choice. If you want to read ebooks you can always jailbreak your iTouch.

5. Slayven thread starter macrumors newbie

It was either a touch or a nokia n800 and honestly what i would pay for in memory cards, a touch would be cheaper. With the touch not having flash yet, does it limit browsing on certain sites? But the VAST majority of the internet should be fine right?

6. linden macrumors regular

linden

Well it doesent LIMIT then. You will still be able to view the website but you cant watch the video. But i havent come by a website i chouldent go on yet!

7. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

the browser on the touch is so much better than on the PSP. you don't get that damn out of memory error every time you use it.

8. Slayven thread starter macrumors newbie

So I pulled the trigger and I am so happy I did. The thing is so tiny. Oh and for what it's worth I went to 2 different wal-marts and both had it in their POS system that the touch as it stands was discounted.

9. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I would have got the 16Gb, i had 4Gb Of Music, but i got the 16Gb, and now i have filled that! 4 Movies and the rest Music!

10. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68020

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Perfect for you! Get it, you'll love it! I use it as much as my BMB when I'm on the go:eek::D

11. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Buying an iPod touch is one of my best decisions I have made in a long time.

12. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

i agree

13. alwaysg5 macrumors newbie

The iPod touch is an amazing product and if you feel you'd use it, I would definitely go for it. You'll love it.

14. zsft macrumors regular

sorry for hijacking, but quick question

i've been wanting an ipod touch for a while, planning on getting it with the student promotion in august. But about the Maps app, is there a way to save a region of maps into the device so that you can access it without wifi (Or another app that serves this purpose?)? reason i'm asking is because I'm in college around Boston and I still can't wrap my head around the roads, and I don't want to get another GPS device.

Thanks

15. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

so true!!

i bought my 16GB iPod touch the day it came out (which was actually before it was supposed to come out) and i love it is one of the best investments i have ever made and would recommend it to anyone

16. drb6 macrumors regular

And to the OP...have you tested ebooks on there yet, either on PDF or in a word doc? I'm interested in this functionality and was wondering how hard/easy is it to use in terms of adjusting the screen to see the width of the document without having to reposition constantly.

17. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

QFT!