Is an updated 3g iPhone coming out soon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noupf, Nov 5, 2008.

1. noupf macrumors member

Hi everybody,

I am planning on getting the new 3g iPhone this week, but a friend of mine who has the original iphone said that he was cruising around macrumors and said there was talk of a new and updated 3g iphone coming out after the next apple conference / meeting that is coming up in January. Is there any truth to this? If so, I may want to hold off on getting the current 3g iphone. I really want to get it now, but I dont want to find out that in 3 months there is a new and better one out there.

Thanks

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There is no news whatsoever.

There is plenty of speculation and guess-work, however. These are just guesses, but some people think it is possible we will see a 32 GB phone in January.

It's certainly possible, but no one knows for sure.

So there may be a larger flash drive. Maybe. Other than that, no, I don't think you'll see any changes to the phone until at least next summer. (And in my opinion it will be late summer in time for back-to-school shopping. But not before that.)

3. svndmvn Guest

Maybe in June or september a capacity bump,nothing more..also because iPod touches got updated in September and they didn't get any capacity bumps,I really doubt they would update the iPhone to 32Gb and leave the iPods as they are..

4. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

6. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I would wait until Jan. I heard from a little birdie that Verizon will be taking over the iphone and not ATT. Apple will not renew the contract with ATT. Keep this under your hat. :rolleyes:;)

my niece's husband works at Verizon and he told me this the other day. So if your contract is up with ATT I would definitely wait.

7. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

You mean this one? :D :p

[​IMG]

8. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Ahh how cute. no a much bigger one than that.

9. Balty macrumors 6502

Balty

So you mean this one?
    I understand everything now...... :p

[​IMG]
    (BTW, it's not me in the pic)

10. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

I realize that this is probably a joke but for those that don't know, Verizon runs on a different network and thus canNOT support the iPhone. This is a false rumor

12. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

If there was a new one coming out soon, you wouldn't even have to post here to ask about it. Because all the over excited forum kiddies here would have posted about it already a million times.

"OMGZ!!!1 Thers a new iPhone comin out! I cant wait to getz it! Im gurna q up outside the apple store the day before to get 1! YEAH! And take picturz of myself unboxin it! Way 2 go Steve Jobz!!"

Corny, but that's how it is here..

13. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I think we will see a capacity bump in January to 32GB for the iPhone and 64GB for the Touch.

A co-worker said that he's been told to expect a "Red" version 32GB iPhone "soon" but who knows how soon that is.

I would say that if you really need 32GB then try to hold out until Jan/Feb. I don't think we will see a redesign of the iPhone with more capabilities and longer battery life until next summer at the earliest.