Is any Interface ok to use to connect a midi instrument?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by geoph124, Mar 12, 2009.

1. geoph124 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone!!! I just realized that there's a way I could hook up my midi controller board (piano with no sounds...actually it's a keytar!)), to the garageband organ simulator's!! But all I have for an interface is the older model Tascam us122. And the power source for that is when the usb connection is plugged in. But when i've recently tried to plug that into my Mac, the Interface won't turn on, or the Mac doesn't even recognize that something was plugged in. I am a new Mac owner, from a PC. So is this normal...should I have to search to find where the source is to be turned on??? Or do you know if Tascam is even compatible with Mac???

Also...if you are wise to this sort of rig for music....is there a way to download a reverb module on here to play live with???

I appreciate and and all reponse's. Thank you in advance!!!

2. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Tascam's support page for the US122 provides documentation and drivers for OSX. Have you read the docs? You may likely find your answers within... :)

3. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

A bit off topic, but I would like to play my guitar & have software that makes transcriptions in Tab of what I am playing.
    Anybody know how this is done?