Is any new time capsule rumors?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brunomiguelam, Nov 30, 2008.

1. brunomiguelam macrumors newbie

January Mac developers conferente is arriving, and is important to know what products we should buy, and the question is, is worht to buy now the time capsule? Remenber that have almost one year!:confused:

2. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Besides putting in a bigger HD (as you know they already have the 500GB and 1 TB now), what else can they do to it realistically?

3. brunomiguelam thread starter macrumors newbie

Well i dont know, but you think is safe to buy it now? More Gb? Resolution of some major problems?

4. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

my major hope is a price drop in them. Hard drive prices are always falling so it seems like since it has been out for a year they could afford to drop the price.

5. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Possibly a price drop, but it is already pretty aggressively priced to be honest.

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You want them to put the Seagate 1.5TB drive in there? Really? You're sure? THAT worthless piece of crap for something designed for BACKUPS?

They can't even put bigger hard drives in, so they really can't change it at all.

Oh, yes... PRICE DROP. But I don't see it happening.

What I'd like to see at MacWorld is the end of the transition from plastic to aluminum.

The iMac will be updated, yeah, yeah, boring...

Then the Mac Mini gets an update internally and black glass on the top to match the rest of the line.

Steve announces something involving the Apple TV, and it changes to match.

Then he glosses (HA HA GLOSSY PUN) over the changes made in design and goes on to announce a redesigned Mighty Mouse, black keyed keyboards, and an aluminum AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule (Don't worry; they're also black glass so there's no "interference" with the signal. Honestly, what's the deal there? WHAT interference?)

7. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

I realize that your mainly joking but the use of a metal in a product such as the Air Port Extreme or Time Capsule would drastically decrease its ability to out put a strong signal. Thats one of the main reasons why Apple switched from a metal backed iPhone to a plastic one. I understand Apple is trying to be eco friendly but in some cases plastic has to be used.

But you probably already knew that lol

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

How can their computers be made of aluminum, then? Seriously, it can't be that large of a signal decrease.

9. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Actually, what the capsule will end up down the road is as flash drives. Rotating bits of junk is so 2008 in hard drives. Of course, the price will have to drop and capacity and speed go up (right now, the fastest flash drives come from Intel, and they are faster than Seagate's spinners). It'll happen - not January 2009, but probably January 2010.

10. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

mmmmm OK. Don't know where that came from, but I'm slowly moving back from you.

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What part is weirding you out?