is any ones iphone 3g getting hot when being charged??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bimal4, Feb 27, 2009.

1. bimal4 macrumors newbie

my phone seems to be getting really hot when being charged, it got so hot yesterday that both the side of the phone was hot!!

2. Masquerade macrumors 6502a

Masquerade

today when pluggin the iphone about 15 minutes through computer's usb it got so hot that it restarted twice!

first time that happens - it was on a table, sporting a rubber protector...

3. Resist macrumors 68030

What was the room temperature? If the phone is enclosed in a case when charging then will get hotter, as the heat will be trapped inside.

4. bimal4 thread starter macrumors newbie

it was in my room.............
    sounds like i need to give apple a ring and find out whats goin on , coz i really dont want to find my phone to explode in my face!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Resist macrumors 68030

AND WHAT IS THE ROOM TEMPERATURE? If the room is hot then of course a charging iPhone will be even hotter.

6. bimal4 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive forgot to mention as well are stuff like
    1: gettin really slow whn its hot and also like the second guy sayin Restarting

7. bimal4 thread starter macrumors newbie

19c to 23c degrees c

8. jeremykyle macrumors regular

All devices get "warm" when charging, but if it is getting HOT to where it is bothersome to touch, then I would call Apple and see what the deal is.

9. bimal4 thread starter macrumors newbie

emm.. tru but mine was actually hot this time even i was like wow is every thng oki as i was lookin if i plugged in the adaptor right way in coz da metal part was really hot!! i could even of felt it in da screen :eek:

10. jeremykyle macrumors regular

Yeah, that is not normal. You should call Apple. Although again, if the room was hot then that has something to do with it. Mine barely even gets warm, but it sits on a dock and has space to air out.

11. bimal4 thread starter macrumors newbie

yhh man this was out da blue it was the first time it done that and i was like wow soo i had da software format done in the morin as well coz i got shookk loll but still the back side of its getting hot as i speak!!:confused:

12. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

Sometimes I have to plug my iPhone into an inverter in my truck because it's dead and it will get really hot then. Even the metal part of the phone shocks my face! haha But when it's plugged in at home, it just gets a little warm. If I feel it getting warm I just take it out of the case.

13. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

No offense, but hard-core apple fan-boys are the most paranoid people ever. Electrons go really really fast when batteries charge. Hence; lots of heat. Don't worry. It's normal.

14. gjw4u macrumors 6502

OP, can you give an exact reading of how hot the iPhone gets when you charge it.