Is anybody else having audio issues with their Penryn MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lr4life, Jun 17, 2008.

1. lr4life macrumors newbie

I have a new 2.4 Penryn MBP and ever since I got it, I have been having issues with the audio.

What happens is that I am getting crazy high pitched bleeps and bloops in between sounds. It can be a song playing through iTunes or just simply adjusting the volume via the keyboard. It doesn't matter what software is currently being used, it simply happens after every time sound comes from my computer.

Just another disappointment with the new MBP's.

2. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

Take it back to where you bought it. No issues on my 2.5ghz macbook pro.

3. lr4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I tried that and this is actually my second MBP that I have got directly from the Mac Store. Not to mention, while I was at the Mac Store, the "Mac Genius" and I had to open two brand new MBP's in the store to get to the one I have now.

4. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

Hmm ouch. Time to trade it for a dell? lol
    I have read that it might have to do with the brightness of the screen or something like that. Some people say the brighter they turn up the screen the more hissing from the speakers.
    Like I said before I have no issues on my penryn, you just have really bad luck :(

5. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Mines fine, spent a couple hours listening to music via the digital out, and a couple with some 3.5mm Headphones.

No strange noises.

6. lr4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Seriously. Dell sounds pretty good about now. I have also looked into the screen brightness thing and its not that. That is usually a constant high pitched tone, but what I am experiencing are random R2D2 style beeps in between sounds. Very annoying.

7. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I have the same problem as you. From what i have read, the problem is the bad shielding of the headphone jack. I solved the problem by getting some relatively high impedance headphones. Now i cannot hear the noise anymore.

8. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

another vote for a trouble free MBP. both my 2.4 and my 2.5

9. VitaminC macrumors newbie

I had the exact same problem with the annoying bleeping sound after a song finishes or I adjust the sound levels. It was very annoying but for some reason it suddenly stopped.

I dont think its a hardware issue because I still have the problem on my XP partition through parallel but on the Mac side of things its no where to be heard.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You mean the ones combined with the hissing? That's just electric noise since the audio ports are really close to the power supply.

11. lr4life thread starter macrumors newbie

I would go that route, but high impedance headphones usually sound worse because they represent less of the audio spectrum. But, if you know of some good high impedance headphones, then know. That would be great.

12. lr4life thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, i figured that much, but shouldn't Apple be able to get it right after you pay $2000 for a laptop that you could literally match the specs with in a PC notebook and pay almost half the price with no electrical noise.

It is just a bit frustrating.

13. jvlog macrumors member

I'd say on mie the sound quality isn't as good as on my powermac (connected to sames speakers) but it's not bad.