Is anybody else's order still "Processing"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i4Collin, Oct 8, 2011.

1. i4Collin macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered my iPhone 4S off of the Apple Online Store at 3:45AM EST Friday. It is a White 32GB on AT&T. I'm getting kind of worried because people who have ordered hours after me have had their orders moved to "Preparing for Shipment" Should I be concerned or not? I preordered an iPhone 4 through AT&T last year, and this wasn't a problem.

2. 314631 macrumors 6502a

Yes you should. I'd be surprised if you get your order now on launch day. Orders get queued in the order they have moved from processing. And those processed orders will have been assigned the initial run of stock.

3. PaulNY macrumors member

I placed two orders roughly 5 minutes apart ('reserved' at 5am est, ordered 7am est)

first order was 64gb black ATT, second order was 64gb white ATT....the white is "preparing for shipment" and the black is still "processing"...black has an earlier order number too...I think they're just slow to update the order status page

[​IMG]

4. ChimpNamedEnid macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. AT&T/32gb/White and still processing!

5. i4Collin thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

It still says "Delivering on October 14th"...what would cause my order to get queued?...I mean it's not like I was late to ordering it considering I ordered it 45 minutes after it first became available.

6. mrt209 macrumors 6502

Both of mine still say processing. For one I see a pending charge of $782 :eek: Tried calling the Apple order support but I guess they're sleeping...

7. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

No. Just, no.

Every year this happens. Someone's order isn't "prepared" along with everyone else's, and within the next couple days, it ships, and is delivered on launch day.

Apple is still processing hundreds of thousands of new iPhones in order to be shipped, and the stock has not been fully "assigned" yet. There's really no rhyme or reason, that we know of at least, as to who is "prepared for shipment" before others. If the delivery date says October 14, don't fret.

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

Verizon, ordered around 5:30 EST :D

Attached Files:

9. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

My order last year said processed until June 22, 2010.

I received it June 23, 2010.

You should not be worried.

10. marty084 macrumors member

FYI, I had the same thing happen to me. Ordered my iPhone 4s then my wifes 5 min later. Used her credit card for both (Bday gift for me). Hers went through and was prepairing for shipment by the next day, mine wasnt. Waited a few hours then called ATT. Glad I did, turns out they had denied the payment on my phone and accepted it for hers (which is a little weird since we are on a family plan). Had I not called the ATT Rep said I would have been waiting for a phone that wasnt coming. I had never received an email from ATT saying the card payment did not go through, or a call from the credit card company saying a payment was declined. My phone call is ALL that saved me from waiting around Friday for a phone that wasnt coming.