Is anybody thinking about this?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by coachingguy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

I know this isn't the buying forum but...

My iPod Photo 20gig is beginning to come down w/ "issues". I use my iPod every day for the drive in and working out. I'm seriously looking at getting a new iPod, but I don't want to order a new iPod and then the next week have Apple release the new iPod based on the iPhone. That would make me really...:mad:

Does anyone know or have an idea/opinion when the next generation of iPod will be released?

I'm willing to wait for a month or so, or until my iPod dies... I'd like to know what the general opinion is on the next iPod specs/design and costs...

Coachingguy

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

The informed consensus is that Apple wont release an updated widescreen video iPod so close to the release of the iPhone, as they don't want to hinder sales.

3. 66217 Guest

It is very difficult to predict when the new iPod is going to come out.

I would think that the new iPod would be very similar to the iPhone, so they can't release both products at very close dates. My guess is that we would see a new iPod around October or November.

4. coachingguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

Price points?

What do you think they'll be asking for pricewise? If the iPhone (subsidized?) if $499 & $599, I'm thinking about the same price points as the current iPods.

I think they'll keep them hard drive based rather than going to flash memory for this... If it's going to be an actual "video iPod" it'll need significant storage capabilities.

Coachingguy

5. 66217 Guest

The price is very probable that it is going to stay the same. At least I hope so.