General Is anybody working on an untethered iOS 6/iPhone 5 jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrat93, Nov 7, 2012.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I know there's no news of a release date. I follow a bunch of iOS hackers on Twitter, but they've all been relatively quiet. Is it even confirmed that ANYBODY is legitimately working on it?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

follow some more or actually read this forum to find out

3. indyzzzz macrumors 6502a

Last I heard ( about a week ago), they have a tethered-jailbreak solution but it requires a developer account. Would not hold my breath. It could take months. My GF keeps wondering why Im sticking it out with my 4S instead of going for the 5 like her :p.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

there are at least 6 threads on going to gather info from or fallow the hackers on twitter. ;)

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

No one's working on it 9 to 5 like a regular job, no. Are people dicking around with it in there spare time, sure.

6. rudgelax123 macrumors newbie

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

sigh…

if you have NO clue what you are talking about please don't post!

There is no untethered JB, there is a tethered JB for A4 and device and 3GS with redsn0w.

The Failbreak is a tethered JB on IP5 and newer, it is called a failbreak because i can't be released. It needs a developer account and releasing it breaks Apple copyright.

8. ivandr macrumors regular

There already is a tethered iOS 6 jailbreak for NON A5+ devices through redsnow. This link is talking about the redsnow tethered jailbreak... but it doesn't work on new i5 devices (or anything A5 or greater chipset)

9. super michael macrumors regular

I am waiting for the Ipod touch 5 to be sold in my country, but anyway I was wondering when the untethered jailbreak gets released for Ipod touch 5 should I save a blob of the firmware that has the jailbreak?

I only know the basic of jailbreak, I know how to jailbreak but once its jailbroken then is saving a blob a good way to not lose the firmware that has the jailbreak?

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

Again nobody knows expect maybe the hackers like @pod2g or @musclenerd @Posixninja etc and there not going tell if they do know at least not yet. saving blobs when you can is always a good idea.

11. super michael macrumors regular

I wasn't asking when will the untethered jailbreak get released, I was mostly asking when it does get release what to do after that. I already know that it take "months" stated by ipod2g for a jailbreak to be release.

So saving blob is a good idea to do, to save blob is it in the program that jailbreak the ipod touch?

12. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

SHSH or hashes are blobs should always be saved, just in case
    They are used for restoring to older firmware, not for jailbreak.

13. adamj575 macrumors 6502

adamj575

in response to original post, yes, im sure they probably are...

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

im working on a untethered jailbreak right now as we speak.
    :eek: