Is anyone actually enjoying the wait?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarlz, Sep 26, 2013.

1. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

This is such an Apple thing, can't imagine this type of scenario for any other device.
    Happen to think it's been badly handled with no pre-order but it's keeping me entertained (sad I know) waiting for the slightest change in my order...

2. musicjunky macrumors regular

Sounds like you're in an abusive relationship with :apple:

3. SAVAGE5 macrumors member

SAVAGE5

Lol

4. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Check out Amazon's kindle forums when a new one is about to be released. There's lots of excitement and anticipation, and when the lead time on the new device grows into the weeks there's a similar array of agitated/anxious/eager/obsessive posts.

They don't have the stores/physical lines of course, but the people impatiently waiting for their new reader and/or tablet from online orders can be quite entertaining there too.

5. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Sometimes the wait is more intoxicating than the device.

6. Finz72 macrumors regular

Are you kidding ? I'm getting ready to change my order from a 5s to 5c because of the wait. I'm going crazy !!!

7. snarlz thread starter macrumors 6502

snarlz

A step too far my friend...

8. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don't mind waiting. It's nice having something to look forward to.

9. srsub3 macrumors 6502

srsub3

I am starting getting angry because actually Apple didn't sell me an iPhone but a preorder of an iPhone. buying it at 2.10 AM and having to wait 20 days? really? very disappointed.

10. dmystic1 macrumors regular

I'm glad to see someone is not brainwashed and can see what is really going on.:)

11. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yeah put it on a tweet so we can follow it too. ^)

12. supermethod macrumors newbie

After taking the time to get prepared to order the 5S as quickly as possible through the Apple Store App, and successfully completing my order in less than a minute (got my confirmation email at 2:02 central). I got a shipping window of Sep 30 - Oct 2.

Today, I get an email telling me that my order has been delayed, after it has said "Preparing for shipment" since Saturday 09/21. Now my windoe is Oct 4 - Oct 8. I call apple to ask why, and no one can give me an answer. Has anyone else had this happen?

Attached Files:

13. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Oh supermethod that must be disappointing! It can be tough when given a far-off ship date, but to get a close date and have it change to significantly further out..... ick......

14. aapplephone macrumors member

:eek:

15. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Am I enjoying the wait?.. Hmmm.. let's see.. uh.. I wouldn't go that far. I'm waiting patiently, but I'd prefer having it sooner rather than later. I ordered during the first hour of availability, and it's shipping "sometime in October" (Halloween)..

When I pre-ordered the 4S, it was like 3 hours after availability and it arrived on release day.

16. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Absolutely not. My 5's battery is headed down the toilet & I want to get my hands on a reliable phone ASAP. I detest how this launch was handled.

17. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Yep!

It actually is fun in a weird way waiting and the anticipation before it arrives. And of course, it's a great phone...so it gets even better once you have it!

Bryan

18. KaijuRed macrumors regular

I walked into the store this morning and walked out with a Verizon 5S 64GB (Space Grey). Is there a reason why people are waiting for their order to ship? Can they not just walk into any Apple Store and buy it?

The store I went to had Space Grey only, in 32GB or 64GB for AT&T and Verizon. Everyone who ordered online... I'm guessing they ordered White Silver or Champagne Gold?

19. Gincoma macrumors 6502

My girlfriend broke up with me and I lost my job and declared bankruptcy all in past week but I was feeling good knowing I had an iPhone coming...

20. supermethod macrumors newbie

Yeah... And now my order is back to Processing :confused: :(

21. Enigma01au macrumors member

Enigma01au

I enjoy the ordering, watching the status change when it gets shipped, stalking the couriers webpage, and then finally the opening of the box. When I'm waiting for it to arrive it seems like forever, but once it does, I miss the anticipation and then can't wait for the next release!
    But only with apple :)

22. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

23. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

24. Mrbobb macrumors 601

25. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I feel for 7Plus Matte black / jet black people

I got a MB 128 that surfaced on istocknow 6 days after launch. Haven't seen it come up since. Never seen JB in stock either. It's bad!