Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
I got it free because i got the new Iphone 11 recently but i can not imagine myself paying $5 a month for this service. I'm curious to know if anyone is ACTUALLY paying?

I can't see the justification to pay this amount for only having 4 shows to watch. There is literally no other value to the service at this point, so i can't imagine anyone paying.

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
I’m not as I have a year free, but I would. I’m enjoying the shows so far, and given that the number of shows available is not the limiting factor to my viewing, but rather the time available to me to watch shows, I don’t care that there are only a few to choose from right now. By the time I’ve watched a few of them, there will be new ones added.

UnrealWhale

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2019
I’m not as I have a year free, but I would. I’m enjoying the shows so far, and given that the number of shows available is not the limiting factor to my viewing, but rather the time available to me to watch shows, I don’t care that there are only a few to choose from right now. By the time I’ve watched a few of them, there will be new ones added.
You're assuming that though. Out of the 4 shows released i can see myself watching only 2 of them all the way through (morning show, and See)

So unless you are watching 1 episode a month or whatever.... but then you should ask yourself if that is money well spent.

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
Just watched the first episode of see. Seems like a pretty solid story and high production quality.

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
You're assuming that though. Out of the 4 shows released i can see myself watching only 2 of them all the way through (morning show, and See)

So unless you are watching 1 episode a month or whatever.... but then you should ask yourself if that is money well spent.
Assuming that there will be new ones added? That’s not an assumption, there is a pipeline.

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017

what’s the assumption he’s made?

Reactions: Mr.C

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

I’d like to know what assumption too. I don’t see any assumption. ?

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
It’s awful imo. If paying for this subscription then my advice would be to wait at least two months. The episodes available for the 4 shows are limited to 3 right now and new episodes are streamed weekly. There’s no chance of completing a series with a one month subscription at this point and will require another paid month.

Waiting till January will at least allow subscribers to stream one of the 4 series in its entirety and within a month’s subscription payment..or binge over a wknd ?

Reactions: Plutonius

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
what’s the assumption he’s made?

I’d like to know what assumption too. I don’t see any assumption. ?

He assumed there would be more new shows available by the time he's done with what he liked. It's literally his final sentence so how do two of you not see it? Unless that's already a known fact and not an assumption and you're just playing a little semantics game.

I got this free but woulld have no problem paying the chump change it costs. Even if I watch one episode per week that's $1.25 per episode.

Last edited:

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
He assumed there would be more new shows available by the time he's done with what he liked. It's literally his final sentence so how do two of you not see it? Unless that's already a known fact and not an assumption and you're just playing a little semantics game.
There is no assumption here. I know a new series will launch on Nov 28th, and I also know I won’t have gotten through existing content by then. Where is the assumption?

Reactions: StyxMaker

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
There is no assumption here. I know a new series will launch on Nov 28th, and I also know I won’t have gotten through existing content by then. Where is the assumption?

I was just pointing out that your statement could have been taken as an assumption and the other two were playing ignorant of that fact when it was very clear what the other poster meant. Rather than play dumb, someone could have pointed out that another show was due to release at the end of the month. :rolleyes:

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
You could literally get through the existing content, completely, in 12 hours right now lol. That’s the entire library, Minus the few kids shows.
Bunch of assumptions there:

1) I have 12hrs that I can dedicate to TV over the next 2 weeks

2) I have 12hrs that I want to dedicate to TV over the next 2 weeks

3) I’m not currently watching any non-Apple series

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
Error post
[automerge]1573042329[/automerge]
Bunch of assumptions there:

1) I have 12hrs that I can dedicate to TV over the next 2 weeks

2) I have 12hrs that I want to dedicate to TV over the next 2 weeks

3) I’m not currently watching any non-Apple series

My point still stands “You Could”

jaredlipsitz

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2010
Error post
[automerge]1573042329[/automerge]

My point still stands “You Could”
Yes but you’re missing THE point of the thread. OP asked if anyone would pay and how they justified it. I’ve answered that. What is the isssue?

Reactions: Jim Lahey

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
Yes but you’re missing THE point of the thread. OP asked if anyone would pay and how they justified it. I’ve answered that. What is the isssue?

And I only made an observation which I’m sure answers the OPs question by suggesting the absurdity of paying for a streaming service with 12 hours worth of (15+ rated) content currently.

Ps. There is No “issue” if we were speaking this would be a conversation. Not an issue

danny842003

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2017
I was just pointing out that your statement could have been taken as an assumption and the other two were playing ignorant of that fact when it was very clear what the other poster meant. Rather than play dumb, someone could have pointed out that another show was due to release at the end of the month. :rolleyes:

no it wasn’t at all clear. The OP was being hyperbolic.

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Now that AT&T has cancelled my $90 ATV4K order :mad:, I will not be eligible for the free year even though I own a sh!tload of Apple devices (and bought an iPad just days before the deadline). I am interested in the shows and plan to subscribe, but I'll wait until more episodes are available.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
I signed up for the free trial then updated my credit card and it billed me once I changed the card. So much for 7 days free, got about 7 minutes free. ?

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
no it wasn’t at all clear. The OP was being hyperbolic.

I'm not sure that you know what that word means. There was nothing hyperbolic about "you're assuming that though" in reply to a statement about new shows being available.

lederermc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Seattle
I got it free because i got the new Iphone 11 recently but i can not imagine myself paying $5 a month for this service. I'm curious to know if anyone is ACTUALLY paying?

I can't see the justification to pay this amount for only having 4 shows to watch. There is literally no other value to the service at this point, so i can't imagine anyone paying.
I too got it for free and am enjoying "See". It's worth $5/mon as long as there is content I enjoy watching. If there comes a month (after the 1Yr for free) then I'll cancel. However, I usually do buy some Apple device once a year (upgrading something).

Reactions: Jessemtz25

Aydy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2015
I’ve no doubt whatsoever that this could be a good, perhaps great service when there is a catalogue of content BUT I feel bad for anyone who misses out on the free trial and ends up paying for this currently. The handful of shows available are all 3 eps in and as I said earlier this means if you wish to see those shows out to completion you will need to pay for at least two more months.

If paying upfront for this, my advice would be to hold off signing up for a couple months to let the few series that are available populate with episodes. You could then watch an entire series over the course of the month you’ve paid or even binge in a weekend. Signing up now kinda locks you in for another couple months or at least till the series finale has streamed.

I’ve never known of a streaming service ever where signing up for a trial or paid month that didn’t have some movie/series content with an ending or final episode of at least something. Never.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.