Is anyone buying no commit.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Evolesque, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Evolesque macrumors member

I want to hear some opinions on this.

I am considering no commit for a 16gb 3gs because the way I see it,
    pay full price now qualify in a year for full subsidy/option to switch provider.

I was going to do early upgrade but I will never be able buy a higher model iphone and come out cheaper then the first option plus I would have to be stuck on att, just in case a switch of provider is needed in the future.

I also have a fan discount so that is swaying me to no commit since I save a bit on service anyways in the long run. I mean att is going to make their money back either way and I'm just trying to make sure they don't take any more then that. Early upgrade seems like you would be paying a little more with less options over the next 2 years.

So what do you guys think?

p.s. yes I already know I could just not switch phones every year haha but whats the fun in that.

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I am buying no commit but I'm not in the U.S. Most people here buy phones full price and then we have a lot more choice in the phone plans.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm considering just that, since I'm liking the T-Mobile unlimited talk....:cool:

4. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

I am I think. I have more money than I will next go round and so would love to use the full upgrade then (next year is 1L of law school)