Is anyone else getting scratches easily on their iPhone 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iOSMarc, Nov 17, 2014.

1. iOSMarc macrumors newbie

I got three hairline scratches that aren't really deep and noticable unless in a certain area with good lightning and in a certain angle.

I don't care much about three hairline scratches but I do care if it gets scratched easily

Do I need a screen protector?

————

and also is anyone expriencing an abnormal battery drain because I lose 1 percent every 2 minutes or so everytime I browse in safari. Faster if I'm gaming on my phone

- iPhone 6

2. cababah, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

cababah macrumors 68000

No screen protector on my 6+. I wipe it regularly with a microfiber cloth. I've had it for almost 2 months and not a scratch.

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I have zaggs tempered glass installed. Works wonderfully . Can't even tell there's a protector screen on my phone .

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

No scratches yet and I love my Otterbox Defender:D

5. Opunium, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

Opunium macrumors newbie

Hi,

I got the same issue as you, 5 about 1cm long scratches clustered around each other on my 6's screen. I can only see them in bright artificial light and barely feel them, but they are there. However I use a wallet case with 2 cards in it. The scratches are at the same height where one of my cards ends. This frustrating since I used my 4s with the exact same cards 2,5 years without any scratches. Is the screen of the 6 weaker, or do I just have bad luck? Also could the cards cause more damage (since they are my only 'suspects' who could have done it)? Could the existing scratches get worse and break my screen? Do you guys suggest using wax or a screen protector or should I just continue normal usage like I did? I wouldnt mind replacing the screen for like 50 euros at repair shop after like a year of usage, but after a month is bit too fast for me...

Sorry if I should have started a new thread or something, I am new here :) And sorry if my English isnt completely correct.

6. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

There was a thread a couple weeks back about this.

Personally, I have noticed slightly more scratching than my previous several iPhones and I have treated it exactly the same way and used the same pockets to keep it, away from all of things like keys. These are hardly visible, but more like micro scratches you need to look at it in bright angled light to see.