Is anyone else having issues sending SMS's to non iMessage numbers?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by ProphetX, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ProphetX macrumors 6502

Im having issues sending sms messages to non iMessage numbers from my phone. I keep getting failure to send errors.

Is anyone else experiencing this or does anyone have a solution? It worked fine for me the first day under dp1. And then while still on dp1 i began to get the errors and have continued to do so under dp2.

Thanks,

2. bradley8795 macrumors member

One thing that helped me was to delete the conversation then when you type in the number for the contact make sure you put in +1 or whatever the country code is. Always works fine for me when I have that in front.

3. ProphetX thread starter macrumors 6502

Thats for the reply. It seems that OS X automatically adds the country code to my numbers. But, to no avail. Im still getting the errors.

4. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

It uses the phone, right? Is the phone connected? Does it indicate on the phone at all?

5. b0uch3 macrumors newbie

I've been receiving messages from non imessage numbers since I setup Yosemite. When I respond....I get an error.

So it's like it's half working.

6. ProphetX thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, thats promising. I figured if it wasn't just me. It was something on apples end.

7. bradley8795 macrumors member

It is working 100% for me.

SMS messages are green, and do not try to resend as a iMessage.
    [​IMG]

iMessages are blue, and work perfectly
    [​IMG]

And if I try to start a new message with someone who does not have an iPhone then it automatically defaults to SMS.
    [​IMG]