General Is anyone else having issues with iMessage stuck saying Waiting for Activation?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kalirob99, Jul 1, 2014.

1. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I turned it on and logged into my account like usual on my Phone 4 and it's just staying at "Waiting for Activation..." I left it there over night thinking it would get it eventually but its still saying it.
    It connects on my iPhone 5 but not on my iPhone 4 7.1.2, the only difference I can think of between the 2 is that the i4 isn't used as a cellphone but like an iPod.
    I even tried a few of the suggestions on the Apple forums like turning iMessage and Facetime off for over 5 min and that didn't work. I also tried turning them off and Resetting the Network settings like someone else suggested but none of that's working.
    Any idea how to fix it saying that?

2. manishans macrumors member

I get this message too. Since the last update 7.1.2 this has happened.

3. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

I had that issue, but had to set the time to automatically update, then it worked again.

Hope this helps.

4. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I just checked and it is already set to to auto update. I didn't have this issue till this jailbreak.

5. ourmountain macrumors regular

This. I had installed SMS on GV 7, which didn't work and was removed. iMessage stayed bugged, and continued to send via the GV number (even without GV installed). I removed all installed packages, did several reboots/resprings, and as I was waiting on software to download to restore, I thought to re-enable auto time/date. I then rebooted again, and iMessage signed right in.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Try to reset network settings,and/or if you have a sim card w/ a data plan handy use it until it gets properly activated then remove it and keep using it as an "iPod". This sometimes happens to me when traveling and changing sim cards on my iPhone. GL

7. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I tried all of these and still no luck.

I'm going to give this a shot in a little tonight. It sounds simple but I haven't even thought of trying it. Hopefully this is the cause.

8. ourmountain macrumors regular

Change the date to a few days ago. Reboot. Change the date back to current/auto. Reboot. Activate iMessage.

That's my best suggestion on it.

9. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

you need a supported carrier to get imessage and fb working.

E.g here in the philippines there are three networks, Globe, Smart and Sun. Only Globe and Smart support imessage and facetime, while network Sun does not.

10. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Unfortunately I didn't realize that I don't have an activated SIM card that will fit for the iPhone 4. The one for the iPhone 5 is half the iPhone 4's size. Also, resetting the Network Settings didn't do the trick either.

Are you saying to shut off iMessage and Facetime before starting this? I did it without turning off and it didn't work.

I'm starting to see thats a must. I'm not sure why considering theres iPhone's and iPad's with no cellular so why have that as a must for the iPhone?

11. ourmountain macrumors regular

My issue was that no messages would send or receive. I turned iMessage off, then was unable to re-activate it - ending up where you are now. So I left it off, followed those steps, and then turned it back on, which allowed it to re-activate.

12. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I might try this again.

It already is. :(

13. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

iPhone have numbers tied to them, since you can use it for call or text. While ipads may have sim cards they are only used for data. imessages on the ipad only use email, while iphones use both your supported carrier number and email. say if you send an imessage and it fails it will send as an sms instead, whereas if on ipad you send an imessage it will fail and not send at all.

i think apple has this protocol with partner carriers to allow imessage over their networks.

14. lovewd macrumors 6502

lovewd

I had this same issue when I had an iPhone 4 runnin iOS 6. I reset network settings, removed the sim and put it back in, turned off facetime and all that junk, but in the end waiting is the only thing that fixed my problem. I just turned it on and waited a couple days and it was finally all activated and working

15. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

This may not necessarily be your problem. My daughter hasn't been getting any of my iMessages since this morning. I set up a new iPhone 5C for my wife today and had a very hard time logging into her iCloud account. It finally worked after the 3rd reboot.

I also noticed that my messages are taking longer to send than usual. All this just today.

EDIT: None of the devices are jailbroken

16. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

That explains a lot, damn that sucks for those of us with old iPhones.

Hoping for that to happen later myself since I didn't see it in past versions.

I'm just starting to think their activation servers are backed up right now.

17. BumpyFlatline macrumors 68030

BumpyFlatline

Wow this is very ironic. I restored as new to 7.1.2 and jailbroke yesterday for both my 5s and Mini Retina. Today, I was messing around on the mini and realized my friend sent an iMessage earlier this morning. I looked at my phone to confirm and sure enough the iMessage never came to my phone.

Long story short, I tried everything on the internet, reset network settings, log out of FaceTime, etc etc.

Anyways, what ended up working for me, and this could have been purely coincidental, I sent an iMessage to myself using my email address via the messages app (actually it was bitesms). If you have tried all these tips, just make sure you have both your phone number and email activated to send and receive iMessages (since they might be off). Then send yourself a test iMessage from your phone using your email. After you receive it, check to see if your phone number is now working. As soon as I sent myself an iMessage via email, my phone number turned blue (I use bitesms) and I realized I could now send and receive iMessages via my phone number. I had a couple people send me "tests" just to confirm. Sure enough everything was working as normal again.

TLDR: make sure all settings are on and correct. Send yourself an iMessage via your email address. Now try to send yourself an iMessage via your telephone number. Does it now work? It worked for me. Could have been coincidental though :(.

18. kalirob99 thread starter macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I'll give this a shot, it's a little late so I'm going to need to wait till morning to test it.