Is anyone else having problems with YouTube on their phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by luigi408, Nov 10, 2009.

1. luigi408 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

My YouTube in my phone has been painfully slow lately. Also the comments section on every video doesn't show up at all. It says no comments on every video I watch. Is it just me? Thanks.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

3. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

its weird. some are super unwatchable slow. some are fine.

4. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Same deal for me sometimes it says youtube unavailible...:confused:

5. str1f3 macrumors 68000

It's unbelievably slow. It takes forever to load so I don't even bother watching the video and I'm having the same problem as another poster with the comments. On my iMac everything is fine. I have no idea what's going on.

Funny thing was I was searching to see if there was anything on Twitter about this and saw nothing. I figured it was just me.

6. zoomin6 macrumors member

Hold up....I've been away from the iPhone since my 2G earlier this year that I upgraded to a Nokia E71x...

You can view the comments in the YouTube videos?? In my 2G I couldn't....yet another thing that makes me want to get the 3Gs this weekend :)

Anywho...sorry for your troubles with YouTube on your iPhone lately!

walter..

7. str1f3 macrumors 68000

You could view and post comments since OS 3.0 regardless of which iPhone you have. Unfortunately YouTube seems to be having a bit of a problem right now.

Videos seem to play well but still no comments.

8. luigi408 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the replies. I thought it was just me but my lady's iPhone is also having comment problems on YouTube. I guess YouTube is having some kind of server problems or something.

9. 210 macrumors regular

YouTube

I have iPhone 3G and I find the YouTube app pretty useless. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Videos take ages to load, if they load at all. Most of the time it gets stuck and won't load any more. The skip back and forward buttons are annoying. Even though I have verified my age and sign in to my YouTube account, I still can't play age restricted videos.

I don't think other phones have the problems I have when accessing YouTube.

I have these problems over a WiFi connection. It's pointless using YouTube over 3G for me.

10. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

11. techwarrior macrumors 6502

techwarrior

I was having problems when I left Bluetooth on at all times, but when i turned off the BT, the problems went away for the most part. Seems the BT and WiFi/3g radios conflict with each other.