Resolved Is anyone else having trouble buying in the Mac App Store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Irishman, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Irishman, Apr 29, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013

Irishman macrumors 68030

I thought I'd forgotten my password for my Apple ID at first, so I went through the process of changing it, but when I go to the MAS to buy FLACTunes, and type in the new changed password, it gives me a red "unknown error" in the popup.

Has anyone else had this problem today? At all? Am I on crack!?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

No problems here.

Also, if you have to ask if you are on crack, either you are not on crack...or you have had WWAAAAAYYY too much!!;) :p

3. Irishman thread starter macrumors 68030

Hey , I got the problem resolved. A quick call to Apple Care did it!.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Great!

Now you need to get that crack issue resolved!!

A serious note...when you get an issue resolved, it a courtesy to others to put "Resolved" in your title, so other won't bother clicking on your post.

You do this by clicking on "Edit" in Post# 1. Look up at your title, and to the left of it you will see "Prefix". Click on that and you will get a drop down with "Resolved"...click on "Resolved", then close out of the edit box. The word "Resolved" will appear to the left on your title line.

5. Irishman thread starter macrumors 68030

Done! Good pro tip.

Oh, and don't you even look at my pipe! :p

6. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Putting up "Resolved" is a courtesy very few members extend to others. The Mods and, especially, the regular and frequent posters, really appreciate when someone goes to the trouble of doing it.

Thanks for going to the trouble...:D

I don't know how to say this...ah...I REALLY don't want to see your pipe, Mate!!!:eek:

:D:D

7. jennyp macrumors 6502

I have this problem - help!!

I've got this problem with my mbp. Tried deleting the .plist - no good. I just can't log in to the MAS on my mbp - I just get "Unknown error" in a nasty red color.

The thing is, I *can* log in OK with my iMac and my iPhone.

Also, if I create another "test" user on the mbp, and log in with that, I can access the MAS, and I downloaded a (free) app. Furthermore, that app was available to me when I logged back into the mbp with my usual account.

I'm stuck with this. The link to Apple that I had which I thought was for help with the MAS gets me an email saying "we can't help unless you pay."

It might be another courtesy to say what the solution was :)

Help!

----------

I seem to have fixed it. :):):):)

For anyone else having this problem, the fix for me was to open Activity Monitor and kill the process "Open Activity Monitor and kill the process storeagent".

Whew! :):):)

8. paulhannon macrumors member

Not having problems buying....but I hate how slow it is!!
    Sometimes you wonder has the bloody thing stopped responding.