Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the iTunes store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ntombi, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I haven't been able to connect to the iTunes store for over an hour. Is it my computer, or everyone (in the US)?

2. atluten macrumors 6502

My connection to the store is good. US Store.

3. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

4. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Last night I couldn't sync any songs or applications that I have purchased. I just get an error that my machine is not authorized. All the applications that I purchased were then removed from my iPhone. My wife is having the same problem with her iPhone. We lost all our applications. They are in iTunes, but when you double click them, the iTunes store authorization pane pops up. I entered my name and password and I just get an error message about permissions are wrong and to fix it. I then tried my wife's account again. I went into iTunes, downloaded the free song of the week and tried to play it. The permission box pops up again. Log in, and get I still get the error message message. I then got a message saying that there is a problem with iTunes and that I should reinstall. So I don't know if iTunes is hosed up or if it is the iTunes store itself. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

5. Ntombi thread starter macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I fixed the problem shortly after I found that I was alone.

I verified and then repaired my keychain access, and that did the trick.

HTH

6. krye macrumors 68000

krye

Something must have broken when I moved my Home Directory to another drive. I reinstalled iTunes and all is OK now.