Is anyone else having trouble with Winscp?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by htownmade1984, Aug 9, 2010.

1. htownmade1984 macrumors regular

It has worked flawlessly since I installed it. Even used it earlier today. Now it will not work. When I hit log in and the white box appears, it doesn't do anything and eventually says, "Network Error: Connection Timed Out".

I have tried to run Winscp on two different laptops (I have run it on each before) and it won't work on either. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Winscp and it still will not work.

My Wifi connection is working great, both of my laptops and my iphone are showing that they are connected to it.

I have no idea why the program won't work.

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Stupid question.. is SSH turned on, on your phone?

3. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it is... Just double checked... The toggle in SBSettings is Green..

When I try to connect the program does nothing. Normally when the whitebox pops up it says stuff like, connecting to host and stuff...

it won't say anything for some unknown reason.

4. hidefguy macrumors 6502

This normally happens to me when the PC and iPhone are on different networks. But since you said they are on the same and you reinstalled winscp, I would delete your network on both devices and reestablish the wifi connections.

5. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Are you connecting with teh correct IP addy?

6. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I will try that...

7. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I am... I don't have my phone saved so I always manually input the ip. I've tried it about 20 times since I got back home this evening and nothing...

8. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

This is what it is doing after I put in all of my info and hit login...

No nothing appears... No trying to connect or anything... It just stays white and then the small window pops up that says there was a Network Error.

9. Drakdaddy macrumors member

I have to keep my iPhone from locking in order for SSH to work. So I try my best to keep it active when im dealing with large files, or else once it locks, i lose connection

10. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I have auto lock set to never, and the phone is open... I am doing everything I should be doing, the program just won't connect for some reason...

I even just unplugged my cable modem for 5 minutes then plugged it back in. And still nothing.

Thanks to all of you that have tried to help me.

11. Bakakage macrumors 6502

12. hidefguy macrumors 6502

13. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I actually just did that so that I could get a new ip address... Still no luck... it isn't the connection that is the problem..

The program itself stops working after I hit login...

The login window pops up, but it does nothing, and eventually just says Connection Timed Out...

14. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Update... I actually just opened my HP laptop to try it on there again, and it just let me log in... Haven't tried it again on this laptop...

Earlier it was working on neither of them...

15. htownmade1984 thread starter macrumors regular

It is now working on both laptops again... I have no idea how or why it stopped working or how or why it started again...

Thank you to everybody that gave me advice

16. Lyraa macrumors newbie

Well, anyway, for an unknown reason, it decided to work. I didin't touch a thing so i still can't understand ...
    Sorry for bothering