Is anyone else here having a dilema to not open it, and take it back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 18, 2009.

  1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #1
    I don't know what it is, but there is a part of me thinking I should just stick with my 3G, and not sign a deal with the devil for another 2 years. I have a 32GB arriving at my office tomorrow, a buyer lined up for my phone and now I'm getting cold feet. I really love my 3G, my thumbs and pointer fingers haven't rested since July 11th. The 3G is a great phone, I feel like I'm just going through the motions with upgrading sometimes. It's not even a money thing really, I can afford this, but should I really....

    Wow, I am having buyers remorse and I don't even have the damn thing. I'll probably sit at my desk with the box wrapped up and just stare at it.
     
  2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

    synth3tik

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2006
    Location:
    Minneapolis, MN
    #2
    I give things 48 hours. After 48 hours if you're still not a 100% on it, get rid of it.

    So like you said, it will sit on your desk and you'll stare at it, after two days of staring if you haven't given in then it's time for it to go back.
     
  3. Maclver macrumors 68020

    Maclver

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2008
    Location:
    36°07′53″N 95°56′14″W
    #3
    I honestly would just open it and be happy!
     
  4. iphoneftw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 17, 2009
    #4
    Well if u have remose feel free to give it to me :D
     
  5. agirton macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    #5
    Have you not watched to video review on engadget or Giz? Man the video and speed boost alone is enough for me never-mind the new camera features. Besides if you wait and change your mind in a few months you will have the same upgrade cost issues others are having from last year that waited a few months.
     
  6. dagomike macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    #6
    break your contract and go to where ever you think you'll be happy.
     
  7. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

    bobsentell

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Location:
    Alabama
    #7
    I'd just do it. Youo are stuck with AT&T for another year anyway. And iPhone won't be going to Verizon until 4G debuts in at least 2011.
     
  8. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #8


    I have watched the videos. Speed is pretty much the main reason I did this to begin with. It could be that I just bought a new Macbook Pro this weekend, just a lot of new sh*t at once. :)

    I'll probably keep it, I don't think it will take 48 hours. I can't wait that long to open things. What's pissing me off a bit is AT&T told me after the policy change I was eligible for the 299.99 pricing, so now I just pissed away 200.00 to Apple.
     
  9. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

    joshellis625

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2008
    Location:
    Baltimore
    #9
    They should refund you the $200. Contact AT&T.
     
  10. iObama macrumors 6502

    iObama

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2008
    Location:
    SF
    #10
    You'll be getting a $200 refund.
     
  11. diabolic macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Location:
    Austin, Texas
    #11
    Apple refunded me the $200 when I became eligible for the lower price. Why are you not getting it back if you are eligible?
     
  12. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Location:
    Orlando
    #12
    I sold my 3G today, and even just the few hours it's been without it have felt very weird. It's awkward and rather creepy how attached I got to that phone. I'm just ready to get my hands on my new one tomorrow :) And then right after, take a midterm! YAY :D
     
  13. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Sep 24, 2007
    #13
    I have no idea, but I am on the phone with Apple now.


    EDIT: Holy crap 1-2 hour hold time. This is great, I should make some popcorn. ATT&T told me I was eligible for the new price change. This is annoying.
     
  14. Unfair macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2007
    #14
    Any updates on this? I don't have the time or ability to stay on hold 2 hours to talk to Apple.

    I have my new 3GS sitting here, I'm not going to open it till I get this confirmed.

    My AT&T store said I'm eligible for the upgrade pricing, but I paid Apple $400+ for the phone that's sitting here. And Apple sure didn't hesitate to take the full amount!

    I'm debating if I should return this phone to Apple and go the AT&T route.
    So, any news or thoughts on Apple refunds would be appreciated.

    I've not gotten any notifications, emails, etc from Apple indicating I'd get a refund, but AT&T when I asked in person yesterday and they pulled up my account, assured me I was eligible for the cheaper price.

    I just don't want to be stuck paying $200 more than I have to!
     

Share This Page