Is anyone else reading the Daring Fireball Apple Watch article/review?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bobob, Apr 8, 2015.

1. bobob macrumors 68030

bobob

Daring Fireball has just posted the closest thing to a review of the Apple Watch ye, with lots of interesting details...

The Apple Watch

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Cliff notes on the details? I don't like the writing style on that article.

3. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

Writing style as in longer than a paragraph?

4. bobob thread starter macrumors 68030

bobob

Here's a few samples:

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

He said he's writting another review on the software.

6. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Hard to take Gruber seriously knowing he's basically a total shut-in and probably the least appropriate candidate for this device's main feature set. Gruber's always pretending to know things he's got no clue about and is pretty good at it. For example, he talks about video games once in a while, but, anyone who is actually into that market knows immediately that he's utterly clueless. I suspect this is another such case, and he even admits has no real use or interest in the fitness features, for example.

Well, listening to his podcast for a few years, one knows that gruber basically sits inside 99% of this time, and his stress use cases that he often brings up for his tech are entirely based around unusual travel scenarios, like attending conventions and blogging about them.

This guy sometimes has useful or interesting insights, often has people on to chat who actually have some meaningful knowledge, but, his own views are coming from such a bizarre life that it can't be a useful perspective on a product like this.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Thank you. Good thoughtful review. I only skimmed part of it - but will finish it tonight.