Is anyone else sick of this......

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by greenmymac, Jul 29, 2008.

1. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

This is getting real old real quick... Everytime I sync my iPhone 3G iTunes freezes and my phone does a hard reset and takes 5 to 10 minutes to reboot. I have restored now 15 times in the past two weeks.. I honestly don't understand why Apple has released something this buggy? Whewwwww thanks needed to vent!

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Man, I'd be livid if that happened to me 3x, much less 15x. :eek:

I sync'ed mine daily since launch day and haven't had that problem.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Are you running the 2.0 software out of the box, or did you do a restore and upgrade to the newer build 2.0 software??

4. greenmymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I have even restored my Mac and my iPhone to original settings it starts to sync but in the middle of syncing it freezes and then the iPhone resets.,, I have restored the the latest version

5. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

is there a positive to synching it each day, unless you download or add something new?

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Try this:

Open iTunes, plug in iPhone. Don't let it sync. Hold the home and whatever the other button is called for about 25 seconds. This will put the phone in recovery mode. It'll restore it to factory settings. DO NOT use your backup. Instead, do it like it's a new phone. Then you'll have to re-sync your music, apps, etc., but I had to do this to mine for a similar problem. So far, it has worked. I think it's part of the uber-buggy 2.0 firmware.

7. greenmymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Done that numerous of times!

8. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Have you installed any apps?

I sync almost daily and have never encountered this either.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Then you should probably either call iPhone tech support or schedule a genius appointment. Either that or find a way to get it where it actually works and wait for the upcoming 2.1 firmware.

10. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I get very annoyed at that and if it takes TOO LONG to reboot I shut it off manually by holding down the power and home buttons and restarting from that usually takes less time

11. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

It's been happening to my new iPhone a LOT lately as well. Very frustrating.

12. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I wasn't aware that there was a newer build 2.0 firmware (although if it's newer, shouldn't they have updated the version number to 2.0.1 or something?). If I just do a restore within iTunes, will it automatically get the newer build, or do I have to download it from somewhere?

13. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I sync daily as well, to keep my calendar current in both locations.

To the OP, I can't imagine how horrible that would be. :eek:

I've never had those types of problems, and even my backup has gotten much shorter. Now, syncing takes as few as 2-3 minutes total, but no longer than 10 minutes.

14. Whimsicool macrumors newbie

Whimsicool

I am very happy with my iPhone. I have yet to have any problems what so ever. ;)