Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varun14

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 9, 2010
I'm really fussy when it comes to cases. I want to find a case that adds almost absolutely no bulk to the phone whatsoever. Especially now that I'm getting a 6+ and one of the main appeals of the phone is its thinness, the last thing I want to do is add any sort of rubberized or metallic bumper because even the slimmest of them add more than half a cm. The only decent case that looks decent (imo) is this:

Blue_Side_14bd2d88-b8d9-4b87-8cea-ada81edee46c.png

Annoyingly, that isn't for the 6+. I appreciate that the phone isn't out yet and companies need to get their hands on one before they can make cases, but I was hoping that at least something for the phones would be announced that is skin tight. Also not sure how a bumper would look on a iP6. I like the fact that it has a rounded edge and the bumper will make it more of a square again. I have my phone coming this Friday but right now haven't ordered any case and can't find anything that I think is worthy of the iP6. Some of the Spigen cases with the hole in the back for the Apple logo look tacky as ****.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
I'm really fussy when it comes to cases. I want to find a case that adds almost absolutely no bulk to the phone whatsoever. Especially now that I'm getting a 6+ and one of the main appeals of the phone is its thinness, the last thing I want to do is add any sort of rubberized or metallic bumper because even the slimmest of them add more than half a cm. The only decent case that looks decent (imo) is this:

Annoyingly, that isn't for the 6+. I appreciate that the phone isn't out yet and companies need to get their hands on one before they can make cases, but I was hoping that at least something for the phones would be announced that is skin tight. Also not sure how a bumper would look on a iP6. I like the fact that it has a rounded edge and the bumper will make it more of a square again. I have my phone coming this Friday but right now haven't ordered any case and can't find anything that I think is worthy of the iP6. Some of the Spigen cases with the hole in the back for the Apple logo look tacky as ****.

I pretty much agree which is why I loved the Caudabe Veil for my 5s and am getting one for the 6+ when they release it. I don't want inferior design covering up my phone. And inferior design is what you get at the typical case manufacturer.

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT

The case selection is always terrible when a new device comes out. You have to give it some time. I ant with a cheap clear TPU case I saw on Amazon for $6.99 for the 6 Plus until something good comes out. Hopefully Magpul will get a case out there soon.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
Bought 2 cases, silicon/hard plastic hybrid cheap case for 6 bucks, which I got in my hand ATM. And I got an even cheaper green clear tpu case comin from china soon for $2.04 on eBay. I'll buy an expensive phone, but I'm a cheap ass when it comes to cases :eek:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010

This is where Apple is leaving a lot of money on the table. I am not saying they should have dozens of cases. But, it would be nice if they offered more than the leather and silicone.

Mindbender14

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2014
I bought a cheap Spigen while holding out for Magpul's bump case. They are making one (check out their industry forum on ar15.com).

Alchematron

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2007
Maui Hawaii

The Spigen Air did not work for you???

Advertised as the thinnest case on the market. Seems to have everything you are looking for.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/iphone/iphone-6/iphone-6-plus-case-air-skin.html

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
as you said the phone isn't even out yet, so i'm sure in time there will be some good cases. I'm actually happy with the stuff out so far.

Amplelink

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2012
Yes, what case is that?

It's basically the same thing as the Caudabe Veil that a lot of people on here got for the 5s, just by a different company. I guess these super thin cases are getting more popular. Caudabe is coming out with the Veil for the new iPhones on launch date or something like that so I'll just wait for theirs. I'll probably pick up a cheap silicone case at the mall to hold me over.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
It's basically the same thing as the Caudabe Veil that a lot of people on here got for the 5s, just by a different company. I guess these super thin cases are getting more popular. Caudabe is coming out with the Veil for the new iPhones on launch date or something like that so I'll just wait for theirs. I'll probably pick up a cheap silicone case at the mall to hold me over.

Nice looking cases. I searched the forums for a review on the iPad Air case, and you mentioned your wife got one. How has it held up?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OP, I think you're being a little impatient. The iPhone 6 and 6+ aren't even out year. Not all case makers had access to the mock ups that apple provides. Rolling out cases takes time and expecting to see a lot of available cases even before the phone is in people's hands is perhaps a bit unrealistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.