Is anyone else upset the Google Apps are the most non-pro out there?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by biosci, Nov 21, 2015.

1. biosci macrumors 6502a

Not just on the iPP but all across the iOS platform. The interface seems to always be off from one platform to the next and from the web version. When you try to view items in the web, even with a user agent switcher or (request desktop site), nothing happens and it requests that you download the app. At which point, instead of opening the app, it often takes you to the App Store to the Google App you're trying to use. I understand Apple is their competition but this makes it tough on those businesses who revolve around Google Apps.

2. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Yeah, they don't care about iOS. I gave up using Google services. I only use Gmail as a garbage collector email account.

3. laudern macrumors 6502a

When the hell is YouTube going to support PIP mode on the iPad?!?!!?:mad::mad:

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Never. This will enable 'background' playing of YouTube music videos which directly competes with Google's YouTube red business.

5. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Wouldn't that actually help YouTube red? Background playing would still count as a view, and there aren't any ads to bypass anyways.

That said, I am using Protube, which supports picture-in-picture, background playing and AirPlay, in addition to better streaming performance overall and the lack of ads. Youtube's crummy stock app can burn in hell for all I care.

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

It seems that one of the selling points of the YouTube Red service is the ability to play videos in the background?

7. laudern macrumors 6502a

Where is this YouTube red???? I couldn't find it in the app store.

8. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

It's not an app, it's a service. Go to youtube.com and scroll down and to the left section you'll see Youtube Red. It's only in the US for now.

9. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

YouTube Red is a subscription service sold by Google. I think if you want to subscribe to it, you have to done through YouTube's website or inside the YouTube app. From what I've heard, Google is charging 30% extra for in-app subscriptions. Currently this service seems to be U.S. only.