Is anyone else worried about Pandora Cancer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by debo, Aug 5, 2008.

1. debo macrumors regular

This app pretty much lends itself to non-stop phone use, anyone else worried about the ramifications of this? Discuss:

2. philgilder macrumors 68000

the radiation given off will not harm you

the iphone constantly gives off radiation when on, and you also get stuff from wifi, cell masts, home phones, background radiation, cosmic rays, rocks (eg granite), smoke alarms etc etc (i could go on and on)

unless you want to live in the arctic in a concrete cube, you will always be exposed to some kind of radiation

3. izibo macrumors 6502

4. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I don't think he's talking about radiation. Granted, I don't have the slightest clue about what he IS talking about either

5. debo thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, just seems like having something constantly transmitting and receiving signals on your person is going to really magnify your risks.

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This is also a great way to pick up chicks... Trust me, I know...

7. joekun macrumors regular

Nope

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Not really, as it take high energy (or high fequency) radiation to cause problems. Heck, Light is a form or radiation, several orders of magnitude higher frequency and higher energy than GSM/UMTS signals.

X-Rays are when you worry, and they are much higher energy than light.

TEG

9. importluva macrumors member

Yes it will, but you are already running that risk with having a cell phone. The FCC controls radiation emissions from all electronics so you needn't worry.

10. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

Or you could just try to stop all your cells from dividing. That's an excellent way to avoid cancer.

Course it kills you too.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Are you somehow implying that people will hold the phone to their head for the "non-stop" amount of time they are listening to Pandora? I mean, it's kind of fun, but I have my own music....

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Pandora is mostly receiving and not sending (transmitting) info. The only radiation you "may" need to worry about is when the phone is transmitting since we are all exposed 24/7 to all the radiation that is being transmitted to the iPhone (and every other radio device).

Also to the OP when you listen to Pandora why are you using the ear piece speaker? Just use your headphones and the phone will not be near your head.

13. dquattlebum macrumors member

14. sookainian macrumors regular

Lets not only focus on brain cancer.

I'm kind of serious of this as i'm sacred of getting cancer too... ( who dont ? )

I normally listening to Pandora 3 hours a day. With my iPhone inside my pants pocket.

I actually more worried is that, will it cause stomach cancer, [private part] cancer or any part near the pocket ??

15. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

16. gcliv macrumors member

This says it all about our society....I mean really.....