Is anyone experiencing buyer's remorse?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Lmusic724, May 10, 2015.

1. Lmusic724 macrumors regular

I'm feeling it with my SS 42mm BSB, it just feels so un-useful and like an annoyance now, honestly. I really think I might sell it. Especially with this normal scuffing, not into cleaning it all of the time. It seems like it's no fun anymore. I don't know why. Tell me about your remorse (if you have any)?

2. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Isn't this about the 50th thread on this very same subject. If you spend 2 minutes looking you will find numerous brethren all wanting to dump their watch.

Please, please sell it. Return it. It's not for you. If you have doubt and you can't figure it out yourself, then it would be foolish to allow yourself to be talked into keeping it. You will just hate yourself down the line when you won't be able to get out of it what you could now.

Me? Well for me, and this is me, it's fabulous. But it's not for everyone, including you. I can tell by your tone. It's identical to the tone of others who have the REMORSE. You can cure this ailment by getting rid of the watch. Just a suggestion. And please find all those other threads that will comfort you in your decision to get rid of the watch.

Here's a recent thread for you to start with. After reading this you will feel quite comfortable dumping your watch.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1880529

3. aneftp macrumors 68040

Just sell it. You can always rebuy it in a month when supply catches up with demand.

You always get that new tech high than if slowly disappears.

I had the watch for a week. Had replacement shipped to me while I was using a dented model. But once replacement came. I decided I didn't need the watch. So made easy $105 profit on Craigslist selling unopened replacement.

Apple watch is nice. But it's also first generation product. It's not essential. If you have buyers remorse. Resell it.

4. whatos macrumors 6502a

Take it back before it's too late , you're given 14 days.

I did and very happy I returned mine.

5. JohnApples macrumors 65816

I had buyer's remorse initially after receiving my 42mm SG Sport. After about an hour, I had pretty much discovered everything about the Watch, and I was ready to play with it. Except, it's a device that's not meant to be played with really. I was questioning why I spent over $400 on something that doesn't need a ton of interaction.

After the first week though, I was in love with it, and still am. I wouldn't call it "essential" to my life, but it has integrated itself in my lifestyle very nicely now. If you've had it since launch and still have the remorse, sell it. Like others have stated, it doesn't seem like it's for you, and there's no reason for you to waste money on something you don't need nor enjoy!

6. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

7. samiznaetekto, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

Virgin?

Are you a smartwatch "virgin"? Have you ever experienced the honeymoon end? Have you "divorced" from a smartwatch before?

After a 6-months marriage to a rectangular smartwatch, I completely rethought what I want from a smartwatch. I don't want a tiny chubby iPhone on my wrist. I don't want "Her" constantly tapping on my wrist. I don't want Her to constantly talk in the form of text messages and emails. Blah-blah-blah... shut up already, bitch! :D I don't want my princess to have a sticky crown and a giant belly button. I don't want Her to wear black cover on her face which I have to lift up every time I want to see her face. And I don't want her to always wear one of the same boring 5-10 faces that I cannot replace.

Now I'm married to a sexy sporty young model which doesn't talk much (I told her to; she can, though). She doesn't bother me constantly. She doesn't wear a sticky crown, and her belly button is tidy and sexy. She's 25% thinner. Her beautiful round face is always open, and I have a selection of thousands of hand-crafted, pixel-perfect, beautiful faces. And when I get tired of her, I'll replace her with a fresh and young model, it's relatively cheap!

I'm a happy man now! :D

8. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. Honestly, you're just what I needed, a quick punch-in-the-face and tell it how it is response. I will be selling the watch, so thank you for helping me clear this up. Your advice was very needed.

----------

It seems like the high lasted a day or two, but I'm glad it's time for me to sell it. It -was- fun, but it's time for it to go. Sad, but it's time (no pun intended). Thank you.

----------

Wow :D, that was quite a way to put it, and it makes a lot of sense, and I have decided that my watch's time is up, and I need to move on from this Wrist Demon holding me back!! IT'S MY TIME TO SHINE

9. Thatdownsofboy macrumors member

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been following the site for a while.

The OP and people like him/her don't understand the purpose of the watch at all. I have been preaching from day one that the watch is jewelry first and tech second. When people buy jewelry(specifically a watch), you set the time, throw it on your wrist and go about your business. Although the Apple Watch does much more, you have to use a similiar logic. You set it up how you like it, and wear it. Look at the extra features as a bonus. There is a reason you have different bands, materials, etc. it's about looks as much as function. It's not something you play with for hours. The guarantee the OP has never worn a regular watch in his/her life.

I will also like to add that there are a lot of android lovers posing as Apple fanboys on this site. Watch out for the trolls!

10. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

Congratulations on your first post!!!
    Woo!!!
    And yes, it does seem very much like a showpiece more than something to play with, which is honestly what I really think is missing from the equation. The whole "playing around" with an Apple product is honestly what I've been missing!! You're truly unlocked the door for me, and now I actually realize why ir wasn't working for me. Thank you, truly. I hope all of your Apple product purchases work out well for you :3 and at least I still have some time to sell my watch for $900+ hehehehe. But seriously though.

11. wanderfowl macrumors member

wanderfowl

Wear it for a week, then try not wearing it for a day or two. If you don't care, sell the heck out of it. Make some profit.

I sold my Sport, and even with a Pebble, I miss the Apple Watch.

12. betabeta macrumors 6502a

I have buyers remorse, I wish I had ordered more, my whole family wants one now.

13. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Nope. I even bought a pretty silver diamond ring to go with my pretty Ss 38mm :apple:watch.:)

14. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

15. eifer macrumors regular

I feel like a lot of people are missing the point of the watch. Do they realize it's an accessory? Like, it's not supposed to be the focus of your life. It's there to conveniently compliment the functionality of your smart phone.

16. techno-Zen macrumors 6502

Love it, not sure what you expected from a Watch.. A mini iPhone???

It's a damn watch, and i love it

17. docprego macrumors 65816

Absolutely not. I bought it because I buy everything Apple introduces. I thought it would be interesting to own and fun to play with for a while. Instead it's totally changed the way I use my phone, and definitely for the better! The Watch has completely eclipsed my expectations and I highly recommend it!

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

You probably should have gotten the sport just to see how you like it/usage patterns before you jumped straight to the SS. But, just sell it. If you want it again in a few months, it should be in stores.

19. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I'm still waiting on mine, but it definitely sounds like a device that is quite different in function from the other new devices of the past decade. As you said, it's not something you play with for hours. On this MacBook Air or my iPad Air, you can browse the Internet, play games, write papers, etc. You can do a lot of that on the iPhone, plus it's more portable and can be used to give the other devices an Internet connection when you're away from WiFi. That's something I don't think a lot of people at work know about when they try to hunt for WiFi when out, or maybe their plan doesn't offer it for free.

But I can tell you where I think mine will come in handy. I have an iPhone case that doubles as a wallet, so it's thicker than most cases people have unless you get into Otterbox territory. You have to actually flip the case open, so there is a little "effort" into looking at the phone. Also, like today, I didn't take my iPhone outside with me today when I was doing some yard work because I was wearing shorts that had kinda small pockets.

So this is where a watch could come in handy. Assuming I'm still in WiFi range, I could've left my phone on the deck while working out in the yard and gotten my steps counted and been notified if anybody called. Same thing in the house or at work -- my phone could be on a counter somewhere and I would get notified of any emails, texts or phone calls with something attached to my wrist.

I also think with it being a new product without much third-party development behind it, it will take time for apps to come out that really make it worthy. The iPhone didn't get an app store for a couple of years. But slowly over the years more tools have been opened up and you've got some really awesome apps. I can't imagine school without Notability syncing between my computer, phone and iPad. I mean I can imagine it since that's what I did the first time I got a degree, and man it's much better now.

So OP, if you have buyer's remorse, return it if you can or sell it on eBay. I doubt you'll lose much money. I'm personally worried about spending $600 on it, so I might be in the same boat. But the above features I've just heard about make me think I'll like it.

20. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I personally think $599 is justifiable for an acessory.

21. redshovel macrumors 6502

redshovel

I returned my 42mm SS Classic. It's a lovely device and currently has some limited uses - but they just aren't the apps and developed uses for the Apple Watch yet. I would say by v2 or v3 both hardware and software will vastly improved and worth the £500 plus price tag. At the minute I just don't feel I need to pay the early adopter tax!

22. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

m
    Exactly on the point!!

----------

This is going to sound really stupid, but, today is the first day in 2+ weeks that I haven't worn the watch, and in a sense, I feel freed, like the watch was bringing me down in a sense. It feels like I was always connected and I couldn't be away from an incoming message or a stand-up reminder, and honestly, I'm really enjoying my day without my constant connection.

23. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

If you look at the prices of "fancy" stainless steel watches, $599 is not bad considering you have a computer on your wrist. It just depends on whether each person values that device enough to fork over the money. It's not much different from the Mac Pro. It costs a bunch, but it has a lot of features that a lot of pro users need. Most of us don't need it, so we get iMacs and MacBooks.

24. Lmusic724 thread starter macrumors regular

At least I can still sell it for more than I bought it for. I don't know, it looks really pretty, but I'm just left with no feelings from it anymore. It's quite a nuisance now.

25. wdfly macrumors regular

i got one for me and my wife both, hers arrived last friday and so far she's worn it for about 1 hour and doesn't seem interested in it at all. i've looked at it and am starting to feel like it's not worth the money i will be spending on it if i don't cancel the order. i really wanted this watch at first but after this long delay and given more time to think about my purchase i am starting to feel like i'll just cancel my watch, possibly return hers (38 sport blue band) and hang on to my pebble and see if apple makes an awatch 2 in a year. i'm still terribly undecided.