Is anyone going 16Gb with iTunes Match?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jay42, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I am tempted to get the 64 Gb model, which will fit most of my music collection and do away with my iPod Classic, but I am wondering if it makes more sense to get a 16 Gb and 2 years of iTunes Match service. I plan on replacing this phone in 2 years anyway, so I would save some money with 16 gb.

How much data/battery does streaming chew up?

Are any others with large music collections planning on doing the same?

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Waasn't it cleared up that iTunes match isn't a streaming service? I thought songs were actually downloaded from the cloud. Suppose you could delete them after you've listened...

3. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

Wonder if streams immediately means in iTunes only...

[​IMG]

4. protobiont macrumors 6502a

What stops you from paying for iTunes match for more than one year? Once all of your songs are upgraded, will you lose the local copy if you quit paying for match?

5. Jay42 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jay42

My point is that my music collection is much larger than 16 GB. I would want iTunes Match to be able to have access to all my songs without storing them locally.

While a 64 Gb iPhone wouldn't hold my entire music collection, it would hold a wide enough selection that I would be satisfied without having to subscribe to a streaming service. It just seems crazy to drop $399 on a device that I will be upgrading in 2 years. I guess I'll get some of it back on Gazelle. :rolleyes: